Mobil 1 Racing 2T NO MORE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Stihl have a 2 stroke oil that is 100% synthetic with no racy smell? or is there another good brand like this without the racy smell that can take the upper limits of race rpm's?
I need to find a good trust worthy mix for the stock gas races so the idiots that don't know the difference in the smell of Klotz racy smell and Alky fuels.

How much is Stihl Ultra?

I've got $158. in 4.5 gallons of Racing 2T delivered to my door(three cases). I likely will be switching when it's gone.

It varies from dealer to dealer...you will need to call or stop into your local dealer to get an accurate price....but that will probably change by time you go through your 4.5 gallons of 2T unless you go through 225 gallons (50:1) of chainsaw mix quickly.

Last edited:
Does Stihl have a 2 stroke oil that is 100% synthetic with no racy smell? or is there another good brand like this without the racy smell that can take the upper limits of race rpm's?
I need to find a good trust worthy mix for the stock gas races so the idiots that don't know the difference in the smell of Klotz racy smell and Alky fuels.

I have had good luck with Dumond Tech DTP in race bikes but it can be hard to find. Silkolene Pro2 is also a good oil and is easy to get in any motorcycle dealership.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mobil isn't involved in the Stihl Ultra mix but that's just a wild guess.[/QUOTE said:
I think it would be more likely come from fuchs oil. They have facilities in Germany and through out Europe. They also developed Honda's oil line and Silkolene products.

It sucks to see 2R going away is it was a great product for a resonable price. In the end I suspect 2R going away was caused by limited distribution/limited sales and a purchase price that was too low for the quality/cost of manufacture.

I dont think this is correct.

I was the parts manager at a Honda dealership for six years and this is what my Honda rep told me.

Let me restate that, Fuchs was involved in the development of their racing and synthetic oils, perhaps not the entire line.

Last edited:
Sales reps in most cases talk out their azz.
In the US Appollo out of Jeffersonvillle,IN is listed as the manufacturer. Jeffersonville is also the site of a large Ashland petroleum facility, so put two and two together.

I stopped by 2 AutoZone stores this afternoon and bought them out. It should be enough for hundreds of gallons of 43:1 mix, which should last me...well, a darned long time. And there are still a couple more AutoZone stores here in town...

Sales reps in most cases talk out their azz.
In the US Appollo out of Jeffersonvillle,IN is listed as the manufacturer. Jeffersonville is also the site of a large Ashland petroleum facility, so put two and two together.

I can't think of a reason he would want to mislead me, we were a Honda dealer and sold their products as such. All I was told was that Fuchs helped develop the products, it would make sense to me that Honda would find someone stateside to manufacture the oil rather than shipping it all over.

Is there something wrong with the Stihl Ultra?

The super high price is the first thing that comes to mind.....

Amsol pure synthetic less than half the price of Stihl HP Ultra, I've been running it for awhile now and keeping an eye on the pistons and cylinders... they are staying clean no carbon build up.... So why pay more? :buttkick:

I am not happ about this either. I don't use it, but just makes it harder if I were to need it!!!

I am VERY happy with my Royal Purple, but it's pricey!!!!

And with the Husky internet sales going, we are going to see a boom!!!!!!

GO ECHO!!!!!!:clap:

I paid $10 a qt for my last 6 qts of Klotz 80/20, If the good stihl stuff is $19 a qt they can :censored: keep it. :dizzy:

Heck I would go back to running the Blue Poulan 100% synthetic and Dino oils both at $5 a 20oz, before paying the steal you blind prices.

Never had any failures running the poulan oils in stock saws or trimmers since 94 and just changed to Klotz last year for the woods ported stuff.

Last edited:
http://www.avlube.com/mob1mx2cycmo1.html These people took good care of me. UPS broke the case and lost a quart; avlube filed a claim and sent me another case 'free of charge.' Can't beat that. I now have two six pack cases and will order more now to be sure I've got it stocked for a while. At 77+ I may not be cutting that many more years anyway :rockn:

Back