Mobil 1 Racing 2T NO MORE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultra/Castrol

If Castrol Make Ultra, surely they must make a Castrol branded product? anybody got any idea what it could be?

Exxon Mobil Corporation has decided to discontinue Mobil 1 Racing 2T...

I just switched to 2T two weeks ago. after years of reading Bwalker tell how great it is and now look what happens...

It must be my fault..

I guess I will visit Autozone after work.

Exxon Mobil Corporation has decided to discontinue Mobil 1 Racing 2T...

I just switched to 2T two weeks ago. after years of reading Bwalker tell how great it is and now look what happens...

It must be my fault..

I guess I will visit Autozone after work.

I'm in the same boat-I just bought my first two quarts a couple weeks ago as well.

It may be because I suggested that they keep an eye on this thread so that they can feel our love for Racing 2T and they may not have liked my rant about "Corporate Stewardship".
It distresses me that a fine product like this will go the way of the Dodo but I have tried to mobilize the forces here on AS in order to send the message to Exxon Mobil Corporation that we like Mobil 1 Racing 2T and we purchase it. True their gasoline is not top tier and many other conventional automotive motor oils seem to have better technical data numbers but their synthetics including Racing 2T are without a doubt top notch.
My next step was to seek and obtain. I now have seven full quarts plus a partial quart and two gallons of mix.
I will continue this endeavor in hopes that they will see the mistake that they are making in discontinuing 2T. Maybe if we continually contact them in this regard they will have a change of heart. Call and send e-mail to them. Let them know that we want their product.
If 2T is not available I will find another product that meets my 2-cycle lubrication needs and Exxon Mobil will not get my money.
They should send me a commission check for this sudden surge of sales of Mobil 1 Racing 2T. I bet they broke sales records today.

Elmore, your effort is to be commended but futile, I reckon. Such decisions are taken by looking at statistics and revenues, strategic importance, etc. Maybe they didn't position their product pricing right, but personally I believe this product goes about small volumes compared to other oils or petroleum products and probably in a very competitive environment (many brands available).

And in todays business, shareholders do come first, stakeholders (like customers), as sad as it may sound, come far behind :angry:

autozone still has 2t here and ordered me 2 6pacs @ $9/qt. :clap: :clap: :clap:

i mix it 50/50 with stihl orange so that wil do this weekend warrior several yrs:rock: :rock: :rock:

It's not fair----- It took me five years to get around to trying it
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
But I've been telling my daughter for years - Lifes not fair....

My old standby...

attachment.php

http://www.klotzlube.com/tech/KL-100.pdf

Curiosity got me today, 3 stihl dealers pretty close and 3 autozones. The stihl ultra oil was $57 a gallon and the Mobile 1 Racing 2T was $8.89 a qt.

I ask the autozone mangers and they stated the 2T is still in their data base and can be ordered at 6 qts min at a time in bulk.

Does the racing 2T or stihl ultra oils have a racy smell? or your typical 2 stroke smell?

Does the racing 2T or stihl ultra oils have a racy smell? or your typical 2 stroke smell?

It doesn't smell like my klotz/110octane KX265 but different than the orange bottled Stihl oil. I really like the smell and if the carb is right, no smoke after warm up.

Back