Mobil 1 Racing 2T NO MORE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what a racy smell is.. but if it's like a great looking women, I won't admit it anyhow.

Ultra does not "smell" like any of the prior stihl oils.

Last edited:
I'm such a lemming... bought 6 quarts today. They have 4 more in the back, and I will probably go get them on payday. One had been dropped and the lid was cracked.. got that one for $4.50.

Ian

Smell???

You guys are retarded... who friggin' cares!!!!!!!

Gary

There is good reason for this question.

When running stock gas racing classes this year I was accused of running Alky in my saws (by idiots getting their azzez handed to them and wouldn't know the smell of Alky if I threw it on them)) due to the smell of the Klotz oils racy smell. So I am looking for a oil with no race gas type smell for this one freaking show.

Racy smells like 110+ race gas, Lakeside.

Now do you understand?

Its not a balance thing, or a weight thing, its a freaking smell thing now. :ices_rofl: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
It's not fair----- It took me five years to get around to trying it
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
But I've been telling my daughter for years - Lifes not fair....

I don't care at all - I just run the Aspen "envionment friendly" premixed Alkylate fuel anyway....

...I just fired up my 353, with fuel that has been sitting in the saw for 1 1/2 years or so - no problem at all........:givebeer: :D

Last edited:
There is good reason for this question.

When running stock gas racing classes this year I was accused of running Alky in my saws (by idiots getting their azzez handed to them and wouldn't know the smell of Alky if I threw it on them)) due to the smell of the Klotz oils racy smell. So I am looking for a oil with no race gas type smell for this one freaking show.

Racy smells like 110+ race gas, Lakeside.

Now do you understand?

Its not a balance thing, or a weight thing, its a freaking smell thing now. :ices_rofl: :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry dood... it's still retarded...

Gary

Klotz R - 50

Curiosity got me today, 3 stihl dealers pretty close and 3 autozones. The stihl ultra oil was $57 a gallon and the Mobile 1 Racing 2T was $8.89 a qt.

I ask the autozone mangers and they stated the 2T is still in their data base and can be ordered at 6 qts min at a time in bulk.

Does the racing 2T or stihl ultra oils have a racy smell? or your typical 2 stroke smell?

Klotz R - 50 would be smelling good specialy wif da Sunoco 104 {Blue} or 110 {purple} oooowwwuuhhh That Smell!!!!!! Cant ya smell that Smell!!!!!!!!

and that is what I run, ran it in my 100cc piston ported go cart motos @ 32:1 never had a an oil related failure

Tha Smell of it Surrounds You!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

However,,,I know where to get the Mobil 1 for 45.00 a case plus about 8 or 9$ shipping so you are @ 53-54 to your door for 6 quarts!!!!!!!! that would be about 9 bucks a jug delivered!!!!!!:cheers:

Word on the street is it will be produced until the end of October,,,,,

Curiosity got me today, 3 stihl dealers pretty close and 3 autozones. The stihl ultra oil was $57 a gallon and the Mobile 1 Racing 2T was $8.89 a qt.

I ask the autozone mangers and they stated the 2T is still in their data base and can be ordered at 6 qts min at a time in bulk.

Does the racing 2T or stihl ultra oils have a racy smell? or your typical 2 stroke smell?

Thats what I hear,,,:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

I'm a little Leary of Amsoil. I probably just had a bad rep but the marketing :censored: he was feeding me left me with no confidence. 100:1 ratio can't be good, first since your jetting is based on the air to fuel ratio and oil displaces fuel when mixed it's going to through your jetting off. Second I've seen studies done on a dyno with different fuel oil ratios and anything past 50:1 started losing power because the oil on the cyl walls helps seal the rings. I've never wanted to try it so it may offer enough protection but I know the other oils I've recommended work great and haven't caused significant carbon build up in my motors.

I've been running it without any problems at all... At first I was watching the pistons real close but now I trust it and after a couple of dozen tanks full in these saws I know it works fine. I do mix it 70:1 just for the record.

Just for shats and giggles I called about the cost of Echo 2 Stroke oil. It goes for $16 a gallon ( this is hopefully the right price). Compared to Racing 2t which is about $7-8 a quart............is the Racing 2t that much better???

HEH, HEH, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEE, HEHEHEHE, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:hmm3grin2orange:

The beauty part about the racing grade synthetics

Just for shats and giggles I called about the cost of Echo 2 Stroke oil. It goes for $16 a gallon ( this is hopefully the right price). Compared to Racing 2t which is about $7-8 a quart............is the Racing 2t that much better???

besides the CARBON EXHAUST PORT AND RING LANDS cleansing properties to me hands down is the boosted lubricity,,,

My old 066 was well used when I got it with some light scoring on the exhaust port side of tha piston,,,, I did a topend then knowing that the crank bearings were marginal but should be good for a few more hrs,,, WELL IT ENDED UP I got a minimum of 300 or more hrs (another year) flush cutting stumps and bucking out problem trees out of it before the clutch side seal wiped and I had to tear it down actually probably could've just replaced that one seal and kept on truckin but I changed out both bearings and new seals,,,I had switched all of my saws to the Klotz (MODDED) & Ultra (STOCK) about 8 mo.s prior to that,,,

what got my attention the most on my tear down was the the amount of oil that was dripping and infused in the rod and main bearings,,,,, and no discoloration on the rod ends or the crank shaft,,,,, I was amazed,, Ive never seen a moto that clean,,,, to me its worth the difference,,,,,, hands down,,, and we brutilize that saw running a 36 w/full comp semi-round chisel

attachment.php

Last edited:
Just outta curiousity, of those of you who run Mobil 2T religiously, how many of you use Mobil or Mobil Synthetic oils in your cars, trucks, suv's or street bikes? Does anyone have any comments on the synthetic auto oil from them? Curious because I was considering trying mobil synthetic oil in my new trailblazer. I have never used any mobil products before, but I did just buy some of the Mobil 2T from Avlube yesterday for the first time.

Last edited:
Juice,,,

Just outta curiousity, of those of you who run Mobil 2T religiously, how many of you use Mobil or Mobil Synthetic oils in your cars, trucks, suv's or street bikes? Does anyone have any comments on the synthetic auto oil from them? Curious because I was considering trying mobil synthetic oil in my new trailblazer. I have never used any mobil products before, but I did just buy some of the Mobil 2T from Avlube yesterday for the first time.

Ive never bought any 2T untill today,,,, but I have run mobil1 in my truck since it had 10K miles on it,,,,,, now it has 123K and is 8 years old and it is all I run,,,I think the new Porshe's and corvettes come with it from the factory,,,,

I am looking forward to trying the 2t in my work saws,,, I will continue to use the full synthetic Klotz R-50 in my hotrods you gotta understand we have 8-12 saws running everyday,,,,,,,

Last edited:
Back