Mobil 1 Racing 2T NO MORE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any comments on the synthetic auto oil from them?
I run mobil 1 in most all of my vehicles also. One thing I really like about running it is that it prevents dry starts especially in frigid climates and its easier on the starter components. I have plugin heaters on all of my vehicles, but i haven't ever used them. Its not unusual for temperatures to reach -30 with a windshield factor of -70 in the winter here. If you want to do a cheesy experiment take a quart of dino oil and quart of mobil 1 or any other synthetic and set it outside on a cold winter day. Now check the consistency of the two oils.

space

Why, oh why would you bother mixing more than one brand of 2 stroke oil together? That's just asinine.

may be. but it works for me

i know u take issue but 93 octane runs much cooler also. dont think so? try milling at nite and watch the exhaust!!!!!

obtw mystik (citgo) b&c oil is the best also. cooler = better lube
tried bout all them been there done that

Its not unusual for temperatures to reach -30 with a windshield factor of -70 in the winter here.

I think you mean "wind chill" factor don't ya? Of course, if it's -30 outside and someone is riding on your windshield, they will be feeling the wind chill in a bad way. :)

mystik (citgo) b&c oil is the best also.

I quit buying anything with a Citgo label on it when ol' Hugo started spouting off. Our local Citgo station must have felt the pain cause he recently switched to Marathon.

Ian

Last edited:
River, I would bet your o66 that you posted a picture of is runnign on the rich side. The piston looks to be well washed by the transfers, which indicates low piston temps/rich carb tuning.

MX2T/2R piston after being run at 32:1 for a extended period.

Yes ben you are spot on on reading piston wash,,, You have to remember I mix @ 40:1 W/ Ultra on the work saws and 32:1 Klotz R-50 on my hot rods,,, and yes I usually tune a stump buster to the point of four stroking and then go lean to the point that it picks up rpm then barely back out a smidge,,, Have never had a problem,,, Now on my hot rods,,,,, they look really clean like yours,,,,, by comparison,,,,I've have learned over time for the work saws it is better to have a little cushion and be able to get in and get out and be going to the next stump/job instead of didlin with a busted saw,,,, Time is Money!!!!! :cheers:

Yeah and I agree with Haywire!!!!!!

"I quit buying anything with a Citgo label on it when ol' Hugo started spouting off. Our local Citgo station must have felt the pain cause he recently switched to Marathon."

Nuff said,,,,

Last edited:
Heard of pre-mixed alky gas with fully syntetic 2stroke oil?
We have 2007 now, why get messy mixing gas with oil ? :confused: :confused:

It will save you time, do your health a favour, your saw a favour and
the environment a favour.

i know u take issue but 93 octane runs much cooler also.
This is simply false.Gasoline has about the same BTU content, regardless of octane.

We have 2007 now, why get messy mixing gas with oil ?

Messy? How hard is it to open a bottle of Ultra and dump it in a can? If thats a difficult task maybe you shouldnt run a saw.
As for the environmental and health benifits. I think thats a load of crap. of course maybe your regular gasoline is of very poor quality?
At any rate I am not going to pay the $8-10 per gallon that Aspen cost.

Ben is correct on the 93. The only way I know for 93 to "appear" to burn cooler is if it has a lower alcohol (or none) content than the regular gas being used for comparision, AND, the carb wasn't readjusted when moving to the non-alcohol gas. Out here we can still get premium gas without alcohol, but see more and more "white" mufflers from guys continuing to use regular in their older saws. In this case, they were adjusted for the old non-alcohol gas and just never retuned when the gas changed a few years ago. Simple tweak of the carb solves this problem.

Haywire: looks like all your saws are modded? Higher compression? You probably need 93 or higher in any case...

Last edited:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe you should buy your saws with the gas and oil pre-installed? Take them back to your dealer when they need more. Messy?? I bet you don't change your own oil in the car... how about self-changing baby diapers:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

As for the environmental and health benifits. I think thats a load of crap.

Particularly when you factor in the environmental costs inherent in manufacturing that huge plastic jug, which must then be recycled, which carries plenty of environmental penalties as well...

Klotz R - 50 would be smelling good specialy wif da Sunoco 104 {Blue} or 110 {purple} oooowwwuuhhh That Smell!!!!!! Cant ya smell that Smell!!!!!!!!

Tha Smell of it Surrounds You!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Yes I Can SMELL THAT SMELL!!!! I dumped enough of that purple Sunoco in the race car this season mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmsmellssogood

Scott

Haywire: looks like all your saws are modded? Higher compression? You probably need 93 or higher in any case...

Yep, 93 premium only and 32:1 till I run through the 2 or 3 gallons worth of orange bottle Stihl I have left. Then it'll be 40:1 MX2T till I run out of the stash I bought earlier this week... 5 or 6 years down the road I'll have to decide what the next oil will be. My compression isn't all that high tho.. 145-150 on both the 346 and 361 and a touch over that on the 372, but it isn't fully broken in yet. I'm hoping for 165+ in 20 or so more tanks.

Ian

That's what my wifey says about a good stiff Ian, but I'm a bit confused about you and this Jack guy. Didn't know you rode side saddle... :hmm3grin2orange:

Ian

Ian, Ian, Ian!!!!! I ain't no catcher!!!! You know, it's better to give than recieve!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back