Mobil 1 Racing 2T NO MORE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lakeside53
I have Mobil Racing 2T, Stihl Ultra and AmSoil Saber at home. How is Ultra compare to the rest? Do you know of any test on Stihl Ultra published? I have seen a lot of marketing stuff on Amsoil which make me start questioning and also I've seen test of Amsoil by some model plane people and it did not look too good.

http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/articles/oil_test/index.htm

I even bought a very small bottle of Pennzoil since I read the test because the result was the best. I have not use any of them yet. Been sitting around deciding the ratio. Sounds like 50:1 is a must in my case.

Thanks for sending the IPL of Stihl last time.

Ultra is at LEAST as good as the rest, and, it has fuel stabalizer in it for longer life.

Why don't you just use what Shindawa recommends?

Shindaiwa recommend Shindaiwa One, of course!!! I have it. I start out using that, read a lot of negative comments, plugs don't look too good, switch the Echo Power Blend and seems to be a little smoother( psychosomatics most likely!!) I look at the plug, it looked better than the Shindaiwa One. I am still on Echo for now.

Actually I ran 4 tankful of Echo Power Blend at 32:1. I check the plug, it actually looks very good. Medium brown, dry. I try to look at the piston but being a 4 stroke, can't see. The muffler is nice and clean.

Does this observation means anything on whether I am OK on deposit problem with richer mixture?

HI Lakeside53
I just bought this new, I am talking about running for 2 hours only so far!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

I can't see the valves. I don't think this can tell anything, I thought I throw it out just in case.

Latest posts

Back