Stihl Parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawRookie84

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all, am I missing something here or does no one sell Stihl parts? I got a free saw that needs some work and replacement parts but I cant find any sites for Stihl? Usually use Partstree and they have diagrams and most everything but not for Stihl.

Do you have to order parts from the dealer only?

There are no authorized online dealers. Often online dealers will use the phrase "Parts come from various sources", meaning that they have a local connect with a dealer. Ebay is a great source if you don't have a local dealer. Loads of aftermarket parts on the market if you swing that way.

What are you working on?

Hey all, am I missing something here or does no one sell Stihl parts? I got a free saw that needs some work and replacement parts but I cant find any sites for Stihl? Usually use Partstree and they have diagrams and most everything but not for Stihl.

Do you have to order parts from the dealer only?

Get yourself an IPL (parts list manual) and then get the parts from ebay or other sources. That's what I do to get parts

Huh, never heard it called an IPL. We called them IPB when I was in the Air Force. Illustrated Parts Breakdown. The IPL was just the list of parts.

Sprocket needle bearing cages (9512-003-376) were no longer available from dealer for a Stihl 045 AVSE that I recently picked up off craigslist so I went to ebay.
Got one today from seller 'realstihl' . Because it was bone dry, appeared to have scoring and a built-up crud at one end of cage (see pic attached w both new and old cages), had no original packaging altho seller packaged it well (maybe Stihl shipped boxes of 10?), and fit has only slightly less wobble on old shaft and inside new sprocket than cage that was there, I am suspicious it's not new old stock as advertised but maybe used but decent condition.
I have no experience replacing this part of a saw so have couple of questions maybe someone could answer to help refute or confirm my suspicions:
1. Wouldn't a new needle bearing from factory have at least a light film of oil on it (granted this may be 30+ years old and that film evaporated...) ?
2. Would a new needle bearing fit snugly in a new (non-OEM, Oregon not Stihl) sprocket or would bearing just fall right thru?
3. Anyone here who bought from realstihl on ebay have any opinions?
4. Any simple advice for buying saw parts off ebay, new or used?
Thanks,
Myles

Attachments

• IMG_4239[1].JPG
    IMG_4239[1].JPG
    560.3 KB · Views: 22
Was replaced in 1988 with 9512 003 3760 ( 14x17x17) but it too is no longer available. Maybe someone has one in their parts bin?

Sprocket needle bearing cages (9512-003-376) were no longer available from dealer for a Stihl 045 AVSE that I recently picked up off craigslist so I went to ebay.
Got one today from seller 'realstihl' . Because it was bone dry, appeared to have scoring and a built-up crud at one end of cage (see pic attached w both new and old cages), had no original packaging altho seller packaged it well (maybe Stihl shipped boxes of 10?), and fit has only slightly less wobble on old shaft and inside new sprocket than cage that was there, I am suspicious it's not new old stock as advertised but maybe used but decent condition.
I have no experience replacing this part of a saw so have couple of questions maybe someone could answer to help refute or confirm my suspicions:
1. Wouldn't a new needle bearing from factory have at least a light film of oil on it (granted this may be 30+ years old and that film evaporated...) ?
2. Would a new needle bearing fit snugly in a new (non-OEM, Oregon not Stihl) sprocket or would bearing just fall right thru?
3. Anyone here who bought from realstihl on ebay have any opinions?
4. Any simple advice for buying saw parts off ebay, new or used?
Thanks,
Myles

What's the Oregon drum part number?

BTW, "realstihl" is a very good reputable seller, and the bearings came in five sleeved packs.

OEM Stihl, versus an Oregon rim drive number 20879, can be two different sizes, some of the Oregons used an 18mm OD bearing...and some used the OEM 17mm OD, even with the same Oregon drum number. o_O

Look how thick the cog drive is on the left drun, that's a 17mm bore. The Canucks made both of these drums in the pic!

If yours is 18mm bored, then you'll need to source INA K14x18x17 mm bearings. INA or Koyo still manufactures them.

IMG_1975.JPG

Good to read "realstihl" has good reputation, thanks hotshot.
And standard delivery of 5-packs to distributors explains his nice 'aftermarket' packaging of this single bearing.
Oregon sprocket number was ORF 32063X, from Baileys where specs list 17mm as OD:
  • Stihl: 045, 056S (before S/N 10963560)
  • Replaces Stihl Part Number: 1115-640-2001
  • Fits Crankshaft Diameter .5512 (14mm)
  • BearingNo Longer Available 14 x 17 x 17 - Replaces OEM part number 9512 003 3760 (i had dropped last zero in my post)
So far so good in terms of operations so I won't search out 18mm cage bearing just yet. And I'm keeping the old bearing as a backup since I found nothing obviously wrong with it.

Latest posts

Back