Stihl prices on Ebay.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My question is rhetorical.

Why do these folks on Ebay pay more for used chainsaws than what they could get for new?

Do they know something I don't?

I just saw a 290 sell for $345.00. A new one at a dealer by me sells them for $329.00 including tax.

Thomas

Thomas said:
My question is rhetorical.

Why do these folks on Ebay pay more for used chainsaws than what they could get for new?

Do they know something I don't?

I just saw a 290 sell for $345.00. A new one at a dealer by me sells them for $329.00 including tax.

Thomas

They are dumb..

LOL I saw a 192T go for $306 the other day PLUS $39 SHIPPING- new around here- $279 what a bunch of :monkey:

Yeah, pawn shops "rule". I've seen great "deals" that I just didn't feel right taking advantage of. A completely trashed 084 with new bar and chain for $800, yesterday I saw a trashed 036CS for $379, right next to a blue bar 55 Rancher for $300...that one was a "hillbilly" saw, not much going for teeth on that chain. A few Poulans and plastic Homelites for $99-129.

That 084 is looking like a better deal all the time. :laugh:

Mark

You have to be careful picking up used saws and used women; both can be very expensive and not very good.:biggrinbounce2: Having said that, I've made some great buys on ebay, you just have to be on there at the right time and watch the newly listed with a decent "buy it now" price from someone who really wants to dump a good saw.

West Texas said:
You have to be careful picking up used saws and used women; both can be very expensive and not very good.:biggrinbounce2: Having said that, I've made some great buys on ebay, you just have to be on there at the right time and watch the newly listed with a decent "buy it now" price from someone who really wants to dump a good saw.

Yeah, I really bagged ebay, then a hardly used 288xp came up for US$220 buy-it-now.

Back