Stihl Pricing for 044 & 046?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max2cam

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone willing to spill the beans on what the 044 (70cc) and 046 (76cc) typically sells for new in the USA?

I can get the Husky 372XP (20") online for $569 including shipping. The 372XP would seem to be a comparable model to the 044.

Is it?

Another thing: Guys say the Jonsered and Husky are the same saw. But the Jonsered 2171 (20") goes for $625 at the same place online -- $55 more than the 372XP. Odd if they are the same saw.

Hi, CCD is currently offering the 372xp on sale for less.
http://www.commercialcutters.com/store/index.html

As far as the 044, list is about $704.00, but your local dealer can give you a deal for less with little effort. Same goes for the 046 (460). Get to know your local Stihl dealer and see what they can do for you. You won't be able to buy a Stihl over the internet for less than list legally and only in your area. Again, see your local dealer and ask.
I got a great deal on a 046 4 years ago at a local show, but those don't come along all the time.

I have both a 372xp Walkerized and standard 372xp and a worked 046. Both have their good points and it comes down to personal preference. Good luck in your choice. Dave

Well there will be quite a difference in Stihl prices. In the Twin Cities (Minnesota) area the 440 goes for $649 with 20" bar. The 460 goes for $729 with 20" bar. There may be a fluctuation of 10-20 either way for difference stores but this is generally what they sell for here.

However, if you want a good deal at a GREAT Stihl dealer then you should talk to our own Tree Monkey on Arboristsite. I contacted Scott through this board and have saved a lot of money buying 3 saws from him this spring. I have to drive to central Wisconsin to get the saws (Stihl doesn't allow shipping sales), but it was worth it. Scott's prices on a 440 are $549, 440 Arctic $598, a 460 is $629 and a 460 Arctic is $679, all have 20" bars. I have no affiliation with Scott's dealership other than a satisfied customer.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Good info. Thanks.

What city in "central Wis." is T.M./Scott located in?

I'm in NW Wis. and could possibly make the trip...

I'll find out what my local dealers can do for me too. There are several.

I've gotta find out too at what RPM the 044/046 make their power at. This is going to be a milling saw and I want a lower revving saw as possible.

I can get a 440 for $575 w/20" OTD or a 460 for $620 w/20". Saw a new MS440 with the comp release on it yesterday at my dealer, don't know why they felt the need to put on of those on it:alien:

Boy my Stihl dealer sells the 440 for around $649 and the 460 $749. You guys have some good prices out there.

I just received a quote for an 046, err, I mean 460 yesterday. Regular store price was $729.00. Regular shopper 5% discount after tax was $745.00 out the door. I think I'm gonna get it next week. Gonna do some more thinkin' this weekend on it. Hope I don't burn out the bulb up there w/ all this thinkin'!:D

-Mike-

How about the 066 prices. The local shop has them for, Get read for this: $950 and that's US, not Canadian.

I have also done business with Scott/treemonkey,I would tell
anyone within driving distance to head his way. Best prices
around, and a heIIuva nice guy. Check out his chain prices also.
$9.95 for a 72 driver loop of 33rs, hard to beat. He also has the
coolest shop I've been in, you drive in and there are about 600
chain saw signs, enough stored and protected firewood for about
50 years. You walk in and it's nothing but chainsaws, floor to
ceiling, Stihl and E-lux, old stuff amongst all the new models.
Kinda makes you feel at home right away. He offered the chance
to run the new MS280, but I was short on time, it was a three
hour one way drive, but well worth it. I will do business there
again.

Last edited:
thanks guys, sounds like your happy with our service.
those prices still stand.

tom how do you like your 270?

later scott

I love the 270. Light, lots of power for a small saw. Great handling limbing saw. Going out today to cut up and mill two big old oak trees. Saws will get a good workout. Thanks for all the assistance Scott.

Tom

I wish I had known about the good prices in Wi. I drove through Minnesota about a month ago. From where we were WI wasn't there far.

Back