STIHL Progressive Depth Gauge Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t done much of anything with a chainsaw this summer. But my Dad’s sister lives in Cedar Rapids and we both went up there to help her with storm cleanup. 3 of the 4 chains I took along had rakers indexed with the Stihl gauge. The other was a new in box chain.

I don’t attempt any sort of direct comparison with another gauge, but the chains did cut very aggressively and smoothly in big ash. Hard setting is what I used. Looks like a good product to me. Steel is definitely harder than the Husky gauge.
Super! Thanks for the report!

Right guys, time for another round if anybody wants any? I think 2 people have already asked me, can I ask that you register your interest in this thread please. Please detail which gauges and qty you would like. I’ll give it a week and then I will order :cheers:

Mine came today. Many thanks again, Karl! You have made a lot of friends here. If you ever need something from this side of the pond, we would be very happy to reciprocate!:cheers:Stayner
Mine came today. Many thanks again, Karl! You have made a lot of friends here. If you ever need something from this side of the pond, we would be very happy to reciprocate!:cheers:Stayner
Hello Stayner
Let's see if one of you guys can help...I'm looking for a part for a Homelite 944. I need a clutch cover that is in better shape than this one. Do any of you guys have one for sale from a parts saw? Thanks Karl
IMG_1827.JPGIMG_1832.JPG

Right guys, time for another round if anybody wants any? I think 2 people have already asked me, can I ask that you register your interest in this thread please. Please detail which gauges and qty you would like. I’ll give it a week and then I will order :cheers:
Do you have approx pricing info?

Hello Stayner
Let's see if one of you guys can help...I'm looking for a part for a Homelite 944. I need a clutch cover that is in better shape than this one. Do any of you guys have one for sale from a parts saw? Thanks Karl
View attachment 850577View attachment 850578
Karl,

The best place to put this is in the "Parts Wanted" section of the Trading Post. That way everyone on the site will see it.

Wow you’re still doing this Karl, good on you mate! It wasn’t until I looked at the dates and realised this was a fairly new thread. I just searched it on the search function to read more about them. I was surprised to hear
my dealer hadn’t seen them before. I presumed they had been around a while.
I picked up .325, 3/8 and .404 today.
Excited to give them a go.

Latest posts

Back