Stihl Release Contra Lightning Again?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Stihl Re-Release The Contra Lightning

• It’s definitely possible

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It’s Incredibly unlikely

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Chaps, what do you think is the possibility of Stihl ever doing a special occasion release of the contra lightning once again?

They know how loved the saw is, they have started releasing tins looking like the contra lightning top cover and they have even started to release 1:10 scale models of the saw (made from zinc with incredible detail).

Maybe on their 100th year anniversary they’ll re release the saw for a short time again?

For those who have been followers of Stihl, over the past decades have they released stihl contra lightning memorabilia?

Maybe it’s testing the waters to see how much people desire the saw once again!

We can all hope right.

I will say I have seen much improvement in chainsaws since the days of the solid mount saws up to todays spring AV saws and all that came between. From saws that cut with slower chain speed using mostly torque on through the changes in cylinder layout, from reed valve induction on to piston ported engines and now the fuel injected era.

Would be very cool, but unlikely.

However, this would be the next closest thing:

Genuine Stihl 070,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android
Price: $ 3,000

I'd heard that they still make the 070 but only sell in select countries with more relaxed emissions standards.

Not sure how this gentleman will manage to get the saw up here, but I'd love to see a modern production descendant of the Contra!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Would be very cool, but unlikely.

However, this would be the next closest thing:

Genuine Stihl 070,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android
Price: $ 3,000

I'd heard that they still make the 070 but only sell in select countries with more relaxed emissions standards.

Not sure how this gentleman will manage to get the saw up here, but I'd love to see a modern production descendant of the Contra!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
There is a member on here that can get you a new 070 for a little more than half that

Back