Stihl ripping chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Reaction score
found an old dealer this morning that has an old partial reel of stihl ripping chain.

Do they still make this stuff, or is it just old obsolete stuff? Is it worth picking up if the price is right? Anyone used it? and if so is it better/worse than other ripping chains out there.

Thanks
-Steve

Stihl chain is generally high quality and for regular (bucking) type use I find it lasts longer between sharpening than my similarly profiled Oregon chains.

Both my ripping chains for my 42" bar are Stihl (they are full skip square ground chisel) but I don't have any other chains to compare them to. Whether it's worth the extra $$ is up to you but if you can get it for a good price it's worth getting

Steve,

Is it low profile (63PMX)? How does it compare in cost to Woodsman Pro (Baileys) or Logosol (www.logosol.com)? Those are the two low profile ripping chains I am aware of.

Ted

I tried to get PMX chain through stihl and dealer said not available in USA, have to go through logosol. Anyway I doubt it is 63PMX

Back