stihl semi syn oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paladin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In the past I had been told that you should not use syn oils in stihl saws because the cylinder walls were different and the syn oil would plug them. So in older stihl saws ( 10yr to 20yr old) is it ok to use the semi syn hp oil after useing regular stihl 2-stroke oil up intill now.

the boys
046m
036pro
(2) cs3400
cs3000
husky162se
mac15
po

I use the Stihl semi syn everytime I fuel up. I also have some of the Fully Syn in the white bottles our rep dropped off a few months back. I tried it and liked it smoked less when cold and mixed up real nice. Other thn that I havent used it long enough to make a comparison to dyno oil. I do like to use syn in whatever application I can though be it 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

In the past I had been told that you should not use syn oils in stihl saws because the cylinder walls were different and the syn oil would plug them. So in older stihl saws ( 10yr to 20yr old) is it ok to use the semi syn hp oil after useing regular stihl 2-stroke oil up intill now.
Who ever told you that is a idiot. Most air cooled oils are at least semi syn and have been for some time.

Back