Stihl sends E-mail blast, new products launching October 20, 2022

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squidward

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone else see Stihl is launching a new product line third week in October?

They sent me an e-mail, saying "get a look at our new product line" coming October 20, 2022.

If I had to guess, I expect it will be heavily geared toward battery power.

Guess we will see.

Partnering with Briggs to produce zero turn mowers?

Guess we shall see how that goes. Scag, John Deere, Ex Mark have a lot of the field. Cub Cadet has one with a steering wheel.

My easiest pull-starting motor is a Briggs on a Troybilt tiller I bought last spring. Put it on choke, one pull, you're running.
And I have Stihls, Echos, Hondas. None starts reliably on one pull.
I do have a Kawasaki on a Scag ZT, key start. When I bought it, the seller said the Briggs Vanguard was a very good engine.

When I bought it, the seller said the Briggs Vanguard was a very good engine.

2000 hrs on my big block Vanguard and it still runs like a top. Aside from oil, filters and coolant I've only had to replace the fan belt and the voltage regulator. I also rebuilt the starter.
00p0p_ceBPpMZZT4E_600x450.jpg

Kinda surprising if this is what the big news turns out to be. As if the market isn't flooded with mowers....

Spitting image of mine, but I have the Kawasaki 31 horse. Not hoping to replace it soon, but if I did, I'd consider the Briggs with 4 more horses. Dealer had only good things to say about the Vanguard. Mine is only in the low hundred hour range.

Mine sometimes mows rough-ish ground, and has to hold some hills. With the blade raised, it puts a pretty nice cut on some of the pasture. Nicer quality cut than bush hog, but of course there are things a bush hog will handle that I would not put a Zero turn through.

Scags are nice. Close friend had a John Deere 970 (I believe?) commercial grade. Nice cut, but I would not say nicer than the Scag deck.

2000 hrs on my big block Vanguard and it still runs like a top. Aside from oil, filters and coolant I've only had to replace the fan belt and the voltage regulator. I also rebuilt the starter.
View attachment 1023241

Kinda surprising if this is what the big news turns out to be. As if the market isn't flooded with mowers....
Liquid cooling?

The Search for the Holy Grail--classic.

Especially the rabbit scenes. How they kept a straight face doing any of that is beyond me.

Probably a new line of ZTR mowers since they partnered with B&S. Part of me thinks they're rebranding some cheaper residential mowers to give the dealers like Ace Hardware another mower line to sell

Stole the words right out of my mouth. My very prediction, and for the very same reason.

Back