Stihl sucks at customer service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the crank's twisting caused the poor running by changing the timing, and then finally let go.
Stihl will want to see it now!!
They can have it as soon as I get a replacement I am hesitant to let my dealer send it in before I have something to replace it. I’ve heard stories of Stihl taking a saw and not ever sending it back or sending a replacement

Sounds like you used the dealer in Malvern. He really screwed me on a top handle a few years back. Been a loyal customer for over 20 years. Bad saw like yours. Less than 5 tanks. Blew up. The mechanic told me to "chalk it it up to sh%!t happens and this time it happened to you". No thanks, I'll chalk it up to a bad saw and an incompetent mechanic and horrible customer service. Haven't stepped footback in their door and never will. About all that goes in there anymore is lawn services and homeowners. I can get everything cheaper on line but used them for many years because I like to do business in my hometown. If I treated my customers that way I'd be out of business in a few weeks once word got around.

I have talked to Stihl Southwest representative and he assured me it would be fixed to proper stihl standards then I saw the email that he sent the dealer he is allowing replacement of one case half, the crankshaft, the fly wheel, the recoil start, the top cover, and the piston and cylinder. He said nothing about the other case half, the bearing in the other case half, or the seal in the other case half. I voiced my opinion that that was not right that I bought a new saw and I want a new saw they told me that was not an option at both the dealer and at the district representative. It’s time to get my attorney involved after consulting my attorney I was informed that I can sue For the full replacement value of the saw, up to $250 per day the saw was in the shop, plus attorney fees, plus court fees from here on I’m just gonna let my attorney handle it he’s doing it with no money down upfront so he’s pretty sure it’ll be an easy win. Considering the saw has spent 16 days in the shop so far at $250 a day that’s $4000 so far and climbing.

Hell yeah i hope the attorney makes em eat it.

When i was a Echo warranty tech..we made the determination on what needed to be done and sent it to the regional rep..and either got a yes do it, or a no its not covered, or no..replace it. Same with Briggs and Stratton

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Id take a 2500 dollar settlement and go pickup a clean 660 and have one of the guys on here trick it out...

That's not even close to worth the hassle for anyone. Tell them to hand you an equivalent currently produced saw off the shelf or refund your money and you'll go buy a Husky/Echo/Makita of your choice instead.
I bought the 461 because that’s the model I wanted I do not want an M Tronic Saw Husky in Makita do not have any dealers in the area at all echo has one but they’re not worth a **** they’re worse than the dealer I’m dealing with on Stihl

Id take a 2500 dollar settlement and go pickup a clean 660 and have one of the guys on here trick it out...

I would love the power but it’s just too heavy I need a saw that I can drag up a tree if necessary but yet still be big enough to do felling on most trees in the area and the 461 fit the bill quite nicely

I have been looking for a starter for this for months. Probably find one after it is sold. Good compression, big dawgs, big clutch cover, full wrap handle, hole shot filter kit all OEM (except filter). Anyway if you want it as is, where is $300 gets it. I was going to get it running and ask $500 for a quick sale. Mike
461 001.jpg461 002.jpg461 003.jpg

And the M Tronic is the cats ass right now they have it straightened out. get them to give you a 462 you will not regret it
I just can’t forget last year the company I was working for about 6 M Tronic saws within three Days all six were in the shop 2-201t , 2-441s and 2-661s none of them made it to a year before catastrophic failure four of them were lean seizures the other two were carbons scored

I have been looking for a starter for this for months. Probably find one after it is sold. Good compression, big dawgs, big clutch cover, full wrap handle, hole shot filter kit all OEM (except filter). Anyway if you want it as is, where is $300 gets it. I was going to get it running and ask $500 for a quick sale. Mike
View attachment 836404View attachment 836405View attachment 836406
I would love to but because of all the money I’m missing not having a saw to do stump cuts plus all the money I just spent I can’t afford to pay attention right now

Just when I thought everything was going better I was notified today that’s the case half is on back order from Germany and will take 8 to 16 weeks to get here I told my dealer that if it was going to be down for that long I would need compensation for my loss time he relayed this to the district representative and the district representative said he had a 461 that was turned in for replacement under warranty because it has an air leak that cannot be found there assuming it is a warped case half flange or warped cylinder flange and the representative suggested that I be given this saw that still has the air leak and hopefully it would last me till the warranty is up then it wouldn’t be their problem. I documented this suggestion and I am in the process of reporting it to corporate I hope this district representative not only gets fired but gets sent to prison where he is ass raped by a 14 inch ****

Again, way more hassle than this is worth. Pay Rupedoggy $500 for a running saw and let Stihl take their time on the other one. When or if you get the other saw back in operable condition from Stihl, sell the Rupedoggy saw or the other saw and get your $$$ back out of it.

No way would I let a chainsaw bother me this much. It's a chainsaw, not something difficult to source or replace in this country. I decline to accept the stress.

Holy ****.... this story is insane! I can't believe a company like Stihl would risk destroying their reputation by screwing someone over like this instead of just offering a full refund or a replacement saw.

They are trying to repair the saw that grenaded??? That was an amazing story, I was laughing thinking to myself that no way now could they do ANYTHING but refund or replace it. That engine is JUNK.

If this is any indication of how Stihl treats their customers, I don't think I'd ever give them a dime. I hope you win this fight!

Back