Stihl TS760AV Cut-off to Chainsaw Conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happysaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought a Stihl TS760 cut-off concrete saw, it runs great. I would like to convert it to a chainsaw similar to the 076.

Does the concrete saw have an oiler, or will I have to find an 076 oiler?

Will 076 bar studs fit in the TS760?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but this is all for now.

Thanks!

I bought a Stihl TS760 cut-off concrete saw, it runs great. I would like to convert it to a chainsaw similar to the 076.

Does the concrete saw have an oiler, or will I have to find an 076 oiler?

Will 076 bar studs fit in the TS760?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but this is all for now.

Thanks!
Haha, you did get it. We want to see pictures!

Haha, you did get it. We want to see pictures!
230d6f7c2c511a35fb84c83f6e73907b.jpg
7c6ba2786b580f9527c5ecd7d57ce956.jpg
62b20a5d4705da65436194413422033e.jpg

Thanks for the replies, I talked to a Stihl mechanic, he said I'd have to get a ln unlimited ignition, a crankcase that'll accept an oiler pump, a different air filter and some other odds and ends.

I've decided to just leave it as it is.

PS, the compression is incredible, but I haven't looked at the piston yet.

Some earlier TS760's like yours had the oiler bore machining completed. Some were only partially done to accept the blockoff plug. You'll just need to remove the block off plug and bore check it against an 075 or 076.
I converted one once, but had to finish the machine work.
Most later TS760's have the oiler hole omitted from the crankcase casting.

stihl dealer site is showing that the bar/cutter side case half is two different part numbers
I think the early TS760 illustration and the 076 RH crankcase have the same part number, if I'm looking at eService correctly.
What do you see?
I'm gold certified, and I still have trouble deciphering their variation part numbers sometimes. Lol!

Rockfarmer is your conversion expert over here and more than willing to help. This is an older thread but has seen a fair amount of newer activity over the past year or so. Covers most anything you'd ever need to know about the 1111 series.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/050-051-075-076-info-thread.169996/page-52

I also have a pretty thorough compilation of old 1111 series hard copy manuals and tech notes digitized into PDF if you decide to jump into the project. These saws probably had more weird design and part number changes than anything Stihl ever produced...even changing part numbers for the same parts just to make it interesting for all the Gold Certified techs of the future. :)

Clutch worm drive setups for the oil pump(s) are probably the most confusing thing to figure out on the saws when it already is a saw, let alone when scrounging oil pump parts for a conversion. The good thing about a conversion is you'd be starting from the ground up. You can make sure to get all the correct parts in the first place as long as you're forewarned that there are several variations with very little interchangeability (or forgiveness) among the different parts combinations.

Here's my 051. Came from a guy who just had the oil pump 'fixed' at one of the area Stihl dealers. Couldn't have had more of all the wrong parts if it was done as a training session on how not to do it. Problem is, the stuff today's techs need to know isn't in MediaCat, PartSmart, eSErvice, of just readily convenient in digital form. Gotta get into the old greasy hard copy manuals and tech notes to have half a chance..., and that in and of itself takes some time. (Ask me how I know.) Let's just say I learned more about the oil pumps on these things than anybody should ever know! :laugh:

Bottom line; a conversion is totally feasible if you have the determination and a little experienced assistance. You'll end up with one helluva badass saw worth three times the value of that chop saw..., and a lot more fun to run.

If there's anything I can do to help, be more than happy to assist. Check out Rockfarmer, too. Tell him I sent ya. LOL

0604171644_resized.jpg

I think the early TS760 illustration and the 076 RH crankcase have the same part number, if I'm looking at eService correctly.
What do you see?
I'm gold certified, and I still have trouble deciphering their variation part numbers sometimes. Lol!

i think u are right

Back