Stihl TS760AV Cut-off to Chainsaw Conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have. It is a PITA.
It's got to be an early version case for the oiler bore machine work to be finished on the case. If the oiler leaks, the bar oil goes into the crankcase when it sits. Then you get either hydraulic lock, or a saw that smokes like a worn out freight train.
You also need a limited, coil so the blade can't overspeed, although I think the flooder valve in the carb takes care of that anyway.

Made a good bit of progress today. Had forgotten exactly what I had in the garage. After an inventory, here's what I found:

TS760 AVE #123097200 - this is the older model that has the provisions for a bar tensioner and it's ready for am oil pump. Scavenged the necessary parts from my parts stash/parts saws, including top cover, air filter setup, oil pump, chain tensioner, clutch cover, etc. Carb is a Tilly 212B724 - does anyone know if this is the limited carb? Flywheel is a 111 404 1204. Coil is marked 111 C 94, Magnetron, made in Brazil. Don't know if this is the limited coil or not.

TS760 AVE - Serial number to follow. This is just a case with good jug and piston that I'll use on another saw. This is the later case that has no provision for a chain tensioner; probably not set up for oil pump, either, but I didn't check.

075 AVE #47058709. Purchased from a member here. Saw is a real POS, but had some decent parts. Carb is a HS60B750.

075 AVE #4543527. Needs a little bit of everything, but I think I can resurrect it. Has the HS60B612 carb.

076 AVE Super #118998133. Purchased from a member. Nice saw that needs assembly and some cosmetics.

051 - Complete saw. Plan to install 075 jug and piston. More to follow.

076 Case - bought on eBay. Hope to have enough leftover parts to put it together.

Scott

is it me or are we experiencing some massive inflation on everything? since when is a 5'x5' drop cloth $10?

yeah so i was looking to get another big old stihl and i was getting frustrated with prices on 045/056 saws, then i lost the bid on a very cheap 051... so in dismay i purchased a ts760 to convert. found the appropriate complete crankcase, light use, including crank, for $70 shipped... its not gonna be the cheapest thing in the world i figure when im done i'll have an 076 for about $350. *sigh* such is life, a bid for good saw acquisition karma in the future!

anyway thanks very much to the guys who've provided information in this thread. ill perhaps post pics after i finish the work, prob blast and paint it and all that fun stuff

happy holidays

Back