Stihl versus Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both saws were too small for the wood. But he did get the point accross. That Homie needed a muffler mod!.

After he sharpened the chain, he should have tightened it. Also, that doesnt look like a 39cc Stihl. Maybe he means 039 or 390.

Last edited:
i noticed two dull ass actally BLUNT chains that also needed a fue lickes to the rakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that was entertaining. While I have no doubt that the Stihl is a better saw than the China Homelite, something didn't seem right with the Homey. As somebody else mentioned, the clutch seemed to slip an awful lot and to my ears, the Homelite wasn't tuned properly. It didn't seem to rev high enough (like it was set too rich). In any case, it's a helluva note what kind of crap saws get the Homelite name now.

That was a bad deal all around there. I don't think the guy could sharpen a chain if he wanted to much less make a timed cut. That just saddens me to know guys like this get a rise out of cutting.

Can't even believe he wasted his time on a video of that useless comparison of 2 chainsaws in obviously less than prime condition and junk chains on both. In the last cut he hit the log splitter to boot. Talk about sun dial timing!

Latest posts

Back