Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used a 4 in 1 on firewood in particular, but I have used it on small bits of timber branches etc. It's not idea because of the pinch points on the side and the bucket doesn't close far enough allowing all the small bits to full out. Pain in the rear, so for that reason I got a log/root grapple for timber work.

I think this type of grapple however would be ideal for firewood handling.

View attachment 385077
ya beat.me.to it ,thay work ok but it only takes one peice to hold the bucket open ,i like that pic

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Grapple is the go,the one we have has a curved base and the sides are open (not like the one in the pic) so you can pic up logs for blocking ect.
There is a bit of a nack in using them,if you wont to pick up small sticks branches and rubbish is to run the grapple along the ground then roll the grapple forward untill its ontop of the rubbish then close the jaws.
You will be supprised even dirt and molch can be picked up.

What about a bunch of trailer cages on skids you could winch on and off trailer? Would savings in wood handling pay for em?

Grapple is the go,the one we have has a curved base and the sides are open (not like the one in the pic) so you can pic up logs for blocking ect.
There is a bit of a nack in using them,if you wont to pick up small sticks branches and rubbish is to run the grapple along the ground then roll the grapple forward untill its ontop of the rubbish then close the jaws.
You will be supprised even dirt and molch can be picked up.
Cheers - never used a grapple, but plenty of time with a stick rake on a front end loader so that makes sense. In fact I've wished I could do just that many times.

Latest posts

Back