• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihls ms200 rear handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirt is skin deep.
How do you choose btwn the 200 and the 201?
AV, Moronic and the 201C has such a tiny carb on early models and anemic ignition timing lead it is really quite pitifully sad. Besides that just get a 200T and move on. The 200 air filter and several other parts are NOS 😆, used or unobtainable. They are/were well over 500 to build on new dealer parts for a 200 from a used 200T. T ftw

Dirt is skin deep.
How do you choose btwn the 200 and the 201?
I mainly use the 200 here at the house and more specialty jobs, I try to keep it real nice. The 201 is beat up, it gets all the pine/spruce work and thrown around like a work saw, it's easily replaced if need be. The 201 mtronic beat the 200 in every way(except if you have a computer problem,never heard of that though), even though many say differently. I've owned a good number of both, the early 201 had a standard carb, it needed the timing advanced quite a bit, and if you're doing that, you might as well mod the muffler, remove the carb limiter, and let it eat 😉.

I mainly use the 200 here at the house and more specialty jobs, I try to keep it real nice. The 201 is beat up, it gets all the pine/spruce work and thrown around like a work saw, it's easily replaced if need be. The 201 mtronic beat the 200 in every way(except if you have a computer problem,never heard of that though), even though many say differently. I've owned a good number of both, the early 201 had a standard carb, it needed the timing advanced quite a bit, and if you're doing that, you might as well mod the muffler, remove the carb limiter, and let it eat 😉.
Those early ones were horrible with so many known issues. 201 is definitely smoother but spongy to me. The only part that turns me way off to those in a tree. They have a broader torque curve. Both make about the same peak power. Once modded it's a toss up. I will get to run a stock 201T sold to John he sent to termite for a port job. It was all stock and was only ported so being broke in already is kinda nice for test comparisons with my next 200T I'm keeping but just porting. Only keeping two 200Ts, an 020T. The 200 and 020MPV or something like that stay here. Its a plastic tankhandle model with points ignition out before the 020 and 200 flippy cap models.

Back