Stinky tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitaboo17me

Reaction score
I'm soory to bother you, but I have a problem. I have this tree that grows in my front yard. It looks like a regular tree execpt for the fact that this tree grows these light yellow looking balls that fall and they have a terrible odor. I was wonder if you may know what this tree is and my options to getting rid of it .

Sounds like a female Ginko biloba. The smell like vomit after become over ripe. The nut inside is actualy a delicacy in the orient.

Not much you can do about it. The only products out there only reduce fruit production, the dont eliminate them entierly.

ginbil00.jpg

ginbil13.jpg

Good guess, John. I would have guessed Loquat, but we have no idea what area of the country this person is located.

MCC has 7-10 of those things. I was concidering contacting the asian comunity to see if there was anyone who wanted to harvest them.

One BIG sucker is right by the main entrace:rolleyes:. Musta been an LA who thought that up!

Back