Stolen Stihl MS290 and Stihl 021 WV&OH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverzuk

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
STOLEN CHAINSAWS

Stolen December 2009 from residence in Southern Jackson County, West Virginia. I have heard one suspect is from Ravenswood, so it wouldn't surprise me that these saws went to Ohio.

Stihl MS290 – Was in Black Craftsman plastic case. Has a sticker from Moore’s Power Equipment, Ripley West Virginia. Saw is in very good condition.
Serial Number is 26851297

Stihl 021 – Has a screw holding air box cover on because of missing knob. Handle has a piece missing below the trigger. It is an older saw showing wear. I can ID this saw by sight.

Will pay reward for return of saws
Will pay reward for the names, description, or car driven by thieves.

Please PM or e-mail me.
Or
Jackson County Deputy Roberts 304-373-2297

Keep an eye on craigslist & E-bay. If you have pics with descriptions run copys & distribute. I had 5 stolen Jan. 27, three weeks later I saw two on e-bay for sale by a pawn shop. the next day my son checked other pawns in that area & found one more. I will check here in central Ohio as I look for mine on craigs & E-bay
If I find them the only reward I need is knowing crooks are caught.

David

Keep an eye on craigslist & E-bay. If you have pics with descriptions run copys & distribute. I had 5 stolen Jan. 27, three weeks later I saw two on e-bay for sale by a pawn shop. the next day my son checked other pawns in that area & found one more. I will check here in central Ohio as I look for mine on craigs & E-bay
If I find them the only reward I need is knowing crooks are caught.

David

Thanks.
The MS290 will be hard to pick out, because it is like new and stock. The only thing that might be noted besides the serial numbers is that it has a "Moore's Power Equipment" on top of the air cover.

I have been checking the local pawn shops and so have my friends. I've called them all and sent descriptions. I also told them "If you see the saws, get them and I will pay what you gave for them, but you will have to give me a name, description, or some way I can run down the theif. I'll take care of it myself and you are out nothing.

A couple of them said, "No, if we get stolen property we have to call the law, blah, blah, blah..."

A couple said, "I hear ya and know what you mean. If we get them in we will let you know."

Latest posts

Back