Stolen tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that it would prevent anything but I put game cameras on my driveway facing towards the house. So I get the rear shot of an entering vehicle and the front shot of an exiting vehicle. At least lets you know who is around.

In regards to theft you could always put a fuel and/or ignition shut off in an inconspicuous place that could foil a theft attempt.

If it was mechanical injection you just have to unhook the kill solenoid and jumper across the starter solenoid .

No key needed.

Now weather the dope head was that smart?

First off .. if you can’t afford to replace it without financial troubles , insurance . It’s cheap for a tractor . Also a god tracker is less than 75$ and 15$ a month service . You get a txt if it leaves a geo zone you creat on a map and you can see its location and track on your phone .

First off .. if you can’t afford to replace it without financial troubles , insurance . It’s cheap for a tractor . Also a god tracker is less than 75$ and 15$ a month service . You get a txt if it leaves a geo zone you creat on a map and you can see its location and track on your phone .

I need to get one of these and attach it to my paycheck. Then I can see where my wife brings it.

talked to Nephew last night and got a little more info on how the guy managed to steal the tractor and how he got caught. It seems the thief had broke into the tool box mounted behind the seat, probably with intent to steal whatever tools that where in the box. Nephew had a hide a key in the tool box, which the thief found and used to crank and drive off with the tractor. Facebook probably played as big a part in early recovery as anything else. Pictures posted on Facebook and people started calling in that they seen the tractor on the highway that night and the direction it was headed. It took approx one hour for the thief to drive the tractor home, but he put approx 5 hrs on the tractor, joyriding. He was seen and reported several times and the police where able to zero in on him pretty quickly. I think the guy would have gotten caught pretty fast without all the facebook help, even if he had kept the tractor hid in the barn he parked it in that first night. The joyriding just got him caught a little faster. On a side note, the thief is about 20yrs old and already out of jail. I would say he probably has a very bright future ahead of him.

"20 years old and already out of jail"

That's the problem with the justice system these days.

Jails are overcrowded, expensive to maintain and petty criminals going in there usually move from small theft and garden variety vandalism to serious crime by the time they get out.
For these crimes a few hours at the pillory or in the stocks with street urchins tormenting them and pictures flying all over the Internet would probably be enough. Rinse and repeat as needed.

I worry this every day, Tractor is pretty well concealed and 1/2 mile form the rd. Any one have security ideas? I don't live at the property but the property owner is protective and I trust everyone who has access to the property. Posted and patrolled signs all around the property.

W

You can put a toggle switch on the starter solenoid wire and put it in a hard to see spot. Flip it off and the starter will not work when the ignition is activated. I did this on my old cars just in case somebody ever felt like trying to steal it.

OK some things you just cant make up. Couple walks into a sporting goods store and steal some boots. The stores cameras catches them and gets some very good pics. The store owners post the pics on facebook asking for help identifying the thiefs. Many people comment the usual, cut their hands off, lock them up and throw away the keys. Thats one ugly Guy, etc. Turns out the ugly guy wasnt really a guy, it was a girl. The girl is stupid enough to post defending her appearance. Gatcha!!! Her facebook profile had her picture on it.

On another note, there has been a rash of stealing around here lately. Mini trackhoes, pickup trucks and a couple of other tractors. My nephew is very lucky he got his tractor back. I like to make it hard on thiefs to steal my stuff. I keep dead batteries on most of my equipment since I dont use the stuff like I used to.

I worry this every day, Tractor is pretty well concealed and 1/2 mile form the rd. Any one have security ideas? I don't live at the property but the property owner is protective and I trust everyone who has access to the property. Posted and patrolled signs all around the property.

W
If the fuel solenoid has a push on wire terminal, just pull it off. BTDT

If it was a gasser just pull the rotor out of the distributor, used to do that at tractor shows.

:D Al

What is a god tracker?
I'd like to look it up.
Will it work on smaller items, like chain saws, or say a SuperSplit wood splitter, or quad?
Hard to type on my phone and some dope doesn’t always use their glasses . They are the size of a zippo and the battery lasts a couple weeks before recharging . Or you can hardwire to a 12 volt source . Lots of options on types and sizes . I have one that fits in a large hide a key case . Magnetic . Thrown it on the tow behind geni bucket lift when it’s left out . Gets put in my bike for trips so I can log my progress and friends can log in and see where we are . I had one hard wired into my can am . Have a friend that got one and wired it in . Never got the service . He took a photo of the label with the serial number and said we would call and turn on the service if it got stollen .

thought I would update this thread, just because the court system keeps pizzing me off.
The guy that stole the tractor was convicted of stealing the tractor, sentence was one year supervised probation. Since then he has been caught twice more stealing pickup trucks and is out on bail. First off, he should have to build some time just for stealing the tractor, second, he is on probation and has been caught twice more stealing. I thought stealing while on probation would be a violation of your parole and you would go straight to jail. How do you get bail when you are convicted and on parole and still stealing anything that isnt nailed down. He isnt the only one, another guy has already been caught 5 different times, stealing 5 different trucks and he hasnt even been to court yet. WTF is going on.

Back