Storing/stacking Euro sized wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.... And without a consistent source of firewood... Im taking full advantage of it. We are going out tomorrow for loads 9,10, and 11. Or I may be ahead one load...

Around here pallets are free for hauling just slide one over the posts.
Big long 8 footers easy to come by too.
Slide or lean up aginst the post and fill it up
They are ridgid and make a fence of sorts.
Either cut in half and use them or burn when done

Around here pallets are free for hauling just slide one over the posts.
Big long 8 footers easy to come by too.
Slide or lean up aginst the post and fill it up
They are ridgid and make a fence of sorts.
Either cut in half and use them or burn when done

Good idea and I hadn't thought of that.

I know the aesthetics committee would not allow it, though.

The ones at tsc are 34". Non on CL. 50" cattle panels at TSC are the same $19.99 each...

I like the remesh idea... Biggest flat panels I can get locally are at Menards, 4x8. Dont like that its bare metal, but the cost savings mitigates that a little.

Ended up with the cattle panels.

cbf912ed98d6ea3982258fff20b8d409.jpg

The remesh was made from a smaller gauge wire and is not galvanized. And the long edges would need to be trimmed. The cattle panels are also 50".

So since I scrounged 100 7' T posts for free, I figure I could splurge a little on the panels.

sent from a field

Looks good!

I started putting my pallets up on concrete blocks last year, should make a big difference for the lower layers & pallets themselves. Thought about a layer of plastic on the ground first, but haven't gone there yet. Maybe this year...

Try this.[photo=medium]3164[/photo]

Pallet base, 2x4 frame and welded wire on 3 sides, or 4 if you want. Works great. I keep and burn all of the shorties, stubbies, uglies, etc. I have about 1-2 cord worth every year. I use muck buckets to transfer into the house. Easy peasy.

Back