Storm damage Cedar Rapids, IA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's frustrating to not be able to come down and help you guys. Was able to help out with some clean up here in the Cities yesterday. Had some tornadoes in the South and West parts of the state, and lesser damage up here. Not as extensive as what your photos show.
IMG_0061.jpg

Philbert

Their new firewood stack......and the pile of logs that we need to haul out...

I will take a couple of days away from their place to try and get two trees near my home I have been promising to remove for a couple of months, into the office on Tuesday for a "day off", then Wednesday back to Cedar Rapids to see if we can get the log pile gone.
Storm clean up is one thing. Leaving stacked and split firewood is going more than an 'extra mile'!

Philbert

I have located a dump trailer and will start hauling tomorrow. Let me know if you will be around, or stake out a spot so I know where to start dumping. I will have to cut and split at least part of it just to be able to get it carried down to where the trailer will be parked, let me know you maximum size so I can try and make it usable right away.

Mark

I almost hate to admit it, but the Husqvarna 345 that I picked up a few years ago in a lot of 13 saws or so has done the bulk of the work...with a sharp chain it is fairly easy to manage all day. The Echo 2511T was useful several times in the trees and on the roof, the Dolmar 7900 handled the bigger stuff.

Mark

I almost hate to admit it, but the Husqvarna 345 that I picked up a few years ago in a lot of 13 saws or so has done the bulk of the work...with a sharp chain it is fairly easy to manage all day. The Echo 2511T was useful several times in the trees and on the roof, the Dolmar 7900 handled the bigger stuff.

Mark

What no Mac’s [emoji33]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Man I would have bet all the tea in China it would have been an old Mac, haha. But I completely understand when you've got a big job, a lighter handier saw is a good option, and no need for an 80cc saw for that work.

Mark

Being an old MAC guy, I can't bring myself to hit the "like" button, but I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say from the looks of your pictures my little 60cc off-brands would have seen the most action in my hands if I were there to help. I wish I was.

Be safe, the danger isn't over until it is over.

Ron

Latest posts

Back