Storm damaged Sugar Maple removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: What do you use to control the speed of the falling tops of the trees, the ones that are tethered? In some of the video, I see a person holding the end of the rope on the ground, but that doesn't seem enough to stop the free fall of some of the larger tree tops.

ETA: like the part that was dropped at the one minute mark.

Thanks,

Al

Question: What do you use to control the speed of the falling tops of the trees, the ones that are tethered? In some of the video, I see a person holding the end of the rope on the ground, but that doesn't seem enough to stop the free fall of some of the larger tree tops.

Thanks,

Al

porta wrap...you can buy them at any good arborist supply store in different sizes for different applications.

Sweet job man!

Nice work on the video as well. :)

thanks, and yes I am a bit old school for sure. good thing the new younger guys that work with me are keeping me up to date! Was hoping to add a GRCS to the tool bag this year but as a lot of others are saying...little slow this year.

Thanks,

Al

The rope that the video guy was holding was just to help the piece come over, rigging line was also attached to the port a wrap which you can see in the video at the base of the same tree he is cutting

Latest posts

Back