stove first choice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to watch the flames, I was leaning towards a vermont castings. It seems like a harder choice then buying a truck lol

One thing I have noticed about our Non-Cat Pacific Energy Summit, the burns are a lot more efficient with better heat output using smaller sticks of wood. If I am going to load it for a strong overnight burn, I use larger stuff, but make sure I'm running at least 550* F outside stack temp for a few minutes before reducing the draft. Oodles of coals in the morning for a quick start.

I like to watch the flames also. I didn't think having a glass door would be that big of a deal, but I sure enjoy the woodstove a lot more with the visual aspect of the experience.

Last edited:
We bought a Blaze King Princess model w/ cataylitic combuster this past summer. We got the glass in the door. The stove has been running non-stop since the fall and I would say it is very effecient. And the cat is really easy to use/get used to. The flame show can be quite impressive or not. We are glad that we got the glass door because it does add atmosphere to the main room. The stove has been keeping our 2400 sq ft house warm (except for some far bedrooms). I'd say 95+% of our heat has come from that stove.

Latest posts

Back