Strange,ODD,CL saw pickup deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
Reaction score
I saw this old homie 360 on Cl for $25... i replied via email with my phone number to contact.
well.i suppose otta show the saw to see why i went thru the trouble to get it..everything in the pic was included.

attachment.php

The posting was by a lady that assured me the saw ran fine..she didnt call after i sent my phone number,emailed instead.
fine with me so it emailed back to set up a time to look at the saw.
over the next week with several emails with this time is not good or this time is ok and i cant make it etc...we finally got to agree on a date and time..
then i got hurt and in all that forgot about the saw deal..
well,she emails me again telling me she was keeping the saw for me because it sounded like i wanted it so bad..i said yes i wanted it but may take me awhile to go get it and she could do whatever if she needed it gone.. she said she would keep it for me..
now we are talking a $25 saw here,,,why would anybody pursue a buyer for two weeks over that ??
so,we finally get to talk on the phone after THREE weeks that she has been holding the saw for me..time set up and i arrive on time..
i meet her at the door and she starts with the sympathy for my injury as i am still limping..ok,thats fine,nice girl being concerned..
so the saw is in the house,,i get invited in,,a complete stranger from CL getting invited into a house with a woman alone at home..
now i begin to wonder how quick this saw starts and am I going to be a test on how well it works on human flesh !!?? NH chainsaw massacre ?
seems strange to me so far but i keep very well aware of my surroundings..
she gets the saw and stuff from a closet and has ME carry out the small stuff while SHE takes the saw..why didnt she just bring it outside anyway before i got there ?? she brought the saw to my car expressing still her concern for my health and well being..after it and the stuff was loaded i now get the invite back inside for " coffee and relax after my long ride " " you need to rest" etc..... almost insisting on it i had to carefully work my way around the car as she was following me untill i could get in the drivers door..
now i aint one to take that kind of invite without consideration from a woman that is young enough to still be ambulatory on her own without help from a cane or walker but it all just seemed to strange for me !
as i was driving off i had a smile on my face,cant wait to get home and check out the saw !!
should i have stayed for coffee and taken the chance of getting "chainsaw massacred" or at the least having to stop on the way home to go pee ??
or did i do best by getting home quick to play with the saw ??
anyway,,i thot the whole deal was strange...
nice saw too :)

Hmmm was she a good looking girl? Maybe she was just lonely and wanted someone to talk to and maybe more.:help: If I wern't a married man I would have probably stayed a chatted a little.

$25 dollar bait saw.

Healthy Kidneys bring 10K on the black market, Liver and lungs bring even more.

Good thing you were limping and looking sickly, or the only parts of you not run through the Craftsman shredder, woulda been heading south on Ice in a beer cooler.

It's always the sweet older Gals with the bad Gambling habit that turn the hardest...;)

Glad ya made it out alive.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Heard stories down here in CT about some "friendly" lady with a red Homelite. Just though It was a myth :biggrinbounce2:

I will say though, I can understand why you were a little cautious. She could have dropped some roofies in your coffee without knowing......but then again was she hot???

Yeah Ron, what did she look like? Did she have any teeth?

No pictures of the lady? Guess it didnt happen. LOL

Looks like the bars too long for that Homelite....

Probly all store bought teeth but at MY age thats fine as long as the rest of the parts work :)
your right,NOTHING happened !

haha. fun story.

I suspect, as others have said, she was just lonely, which is very sad. Im sure she's a lovely lade, but like you I probably would have been a bit leery - not of her, but that maybe she had some weirdo waiting in the other room to make a lampshade out of you. Sad we live in a world where we worry about such things.

Nice score though. I got an old O8s a similar way (in the sense that it was like 15 emails and 4 weeks before I was able to go get it & pay the whopping sum of $20). Something to remember anyway :)

She was looking for more then just a buyer. I guess a legitimate add weeds out the crazies who surf the CL personal adds. To bad you didn't stay to fulfill her fantasy.

I would have asked for 2 ruffies in my coffee instead of just 1. :D

Watch closely and you'll probably find another common man object for sale by her.

Back