stripped spark plug threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Calvan, theyre comin up quick with their holding pin design...

I think you are getting Calvan confused with the TimeSert Big Sert kits which have a locking pin in the threads. Still it's a $170 + kit for either brand.

Big-Sert-Pin1.jpg

The helicoil kit everyone is recommending is an insert that has a locking section on the top and is expanded with the drift provided in the kit and it costs $30, not a cheap coil that I specifically said not to use.

upload_2015-7-10_11-30-7.jpeg

Yes, I've had timesert back out after a while but you can thread another insert right in without issue. Most of the time it happens on alumium heads where the spark plugs where not installed with a high temp anti seize or if the spark plug threads protrude past the insert and get filled carbon.

well,went w 1 u specifically said,"not to use".read that After bought,tapped&installed.thanx4all that shared & advised.after today,suppose i will have my own advice.if fails,thumb,hole,match....got it!

If it were me, I'd look at replacing the cylinder if possible. If it's a fairly common saw, it shouldn't be too expensive, generally 50-70$ for A/M.

i would call anyone who used anti seize on a saw a brain dead hooligan especially on plug threads LOL only place i ever use anti seize for plug threads is on some of the aluminum head toyota's and some marine engine head bolts but very very rare. of course, dano here has never worked on a saw so he's just talking out his ass again.

You know, if you went back to school, let's say your local community college and took a basic grammar class, it would be time and money well spent. ;)

You know, if you went back to school, let's say your local community college and took a basic grammar class, it would be time and money well spent. ;)

how long did it take you to think that one up? LOL i don't need to be smart with words in my line of work. :D

I have always used TimeSert. I did a Harley oil pan last weekend. great product. I have never used a Helicoil nor seen the quality product listed by Srcarr. When I think Helicoil I think the cheap stuff that looks like springs at the autoparts store. Anyway, my vote goes to TimeSert.

Latest posts

Back