Stuborn 026. need help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Guys has brought this saw in 5 times now, all for the same thing, it has seen hardly any use.

Anyway.
Whats been replaced,
Module- twice
Carb.
Fuel lines and pulser.

What it does- dies randomly and doesn't restart for a good 5 minutes.

I presure tested the thing twice.

It runs like a dream otherwise.
I am stumped for sure....

glens

glens

Former Member
Does "module" include "coil"?  Because that's what I'd suspect.  I'd also agree with Brian on the plug (sorry Brian, don't get mad, just put me on ignore).

Glen

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hi JimL, when you replaced the ignition module have you used a new sparkplug boot? Have you also replaced the ground wire to the kill switch? It sure sounds like an ignition issue, maybe something in the switch itself is shorting out, is there alot of crud around it that may be conductive? Shots in the dark, I know, but considering the simplicity of the circuitry it has to be something unusual or you would have fixed it by now.

Russ

stihltech

stihltech

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member

OK, all the regular stuff has been done, I am sure Jim knows his stuff. Now for the uncommon stuff.
Vent. I had one half plugged and the guy did not pull the cap because he can see the fuel in the tank.
The module not grounding to the case. I have never had it happen, But Stihl always warns about checking for this.
You said pressure test, do you also vaccum test?

Keep after it, and let us know if and what cures it. I may have the next one.

JimL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Presure test includes a vacuuuuum when I do it.
I forgot to add that I cleaned the vent, replaced kill wire too.

Module came with new plug wire and boot.

I had it out today, Cut a 4 foot long red oak about 20" around into 1" discs. Never died. gave it back and he said it died twice lol.

I am going to watch him use it tomarrow to see if it is him.

Tony Snyder

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Some of you guys have obviously misunderstood me. I am not interested in fair comparisons, objectivity, or even truth.

I just want Stihl"s dirty laundry.

I want the customer to buy a Jonsered, an Efco, or a Solo. Then I want him to trade is his 026 or 028 real cheap so I can mark it up a sell it as one of those real good Stihl chain saws.

Whether I like em or not depends on if I'm buyin or sellin.

Latest posts