stuck in the mud today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustyw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went back to the woods to get a quick load of wood and all went well until it was time to leave. Went to turn around and the trailer tire sunk half way down in the mud. We had to off load the trailer into the gator and I had the winch from my coot (the orange thing in the pic) to the gator and finally pulled the trailer out. My father in law took some pics because he thinks his gator is more capable than my coot. IF he only knew!

Sorry for the blurry pics, father in laws cell phone!

Went back to the woods to get a quick load of wood and all went well until it was time to leave. Went to turn around and the trailer tire sunk half way down in the mud.

I always try to park with the nose of the truck facing the way out if at all possible in the muddy conditions. I figure that way I get the momentum going and there is no turning. Just a straight shot back to the hardroad.

The facts of the matter are:

1: Your Coot was stuck
2: Your FIL's Gator wasn't
3: FIL's Gator got your Coot out

At least today, your FIL was right. I'm no green guy, but the guy on the pulling end of the tow rope gets bragging rights until the roles are reversed.

When they are, make sure to post pics!

BTW, those Coots are pretty neat. I've seen a few Argos around here, but never a Coot.

In my experience with those older gators (my dad had a 6 wheeler) they are pretty helpless in any kind of slick stuff. With the tame tread of the turf tires and no AWD option...they just didnt do well in the mud. Load of wood in it probably helps though. I want one of these coots now that i did a google search!

I see this as a fun day. I'm 62 and still love playing in the mud. My lifted 85 Cherokee has a high water mark above the glove box door!:) To me it's only a bad experience when you don't have the means to get un-stuck!

I see this as a fun day. I'm 62 and still love playing in the mud. My lifted 85 Cherokee has a high water mark above the glove box door!:) To me it's only a bad experience when you don't have the means to get un-stuck!

Agreed. Not having means of getting un-stuck is no good.

BTW Nice to see an AS member close by. :cheers:

coots are great for firewood hauling,the way way they pivot in the middle makes them go through alot. I do need some super swampers, had some on a blazer once and will buy some sometime. The gator usually doesn't do too good, but I guess it did good enough. I have a winch, but had no were to hook it, need a pull pal.

teed belong to, false wizard?""I’ve no idea.""No? Well, it does not matter. We shall see soon enough." The focus of the image moved inwards, darted through a Woman Shoes great octagonal archway and sped along the corridor within. There was a figure there, sidling along stealthily with its back against one wall. Rincewind saw the gleam of gold

:censored:......:spam:......:censored:

Back