Stump grinder pocket bolts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbusta

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ive recently purchased a 8018trx running green teeth 1100 series. Up until now Ive only had 27hp machines. Ive done 87 hours on the TRX and broken 11 pocket bolts. Is this normal on high HP machines? I'm a little worried as Ive now lost 2 pockets assuming they will be in the grindings so am going back with a metal detector.

That looks like a really good set up. A big 78hp machine and teeth matched. It must just blast the stumps out.

Email Greenteeth and see what they say, you are using their bolts aren't you?

I know hitting steel in stumps has snapped bolts and done damage in my little 24hp machine.

There is more chance on shearing bolts and teeth on the higher HP machines. You must have either hit a piece of iron or a large rock to do that. How do you like that 8018 TRX machine. I have one on order with the dura disk! Please respond!

I ran vermeer super teeth on a carlton 7500 doing municipal stumps had lots of buried cobble/granite stones and metal, old water meters and gas valves, buried tree grates and metal poles and broke a lot of bolts and teeth. Switched to Rayco one piece teeth and have not broke anything in a few hundred hours. The worst I have done is chipped some carbide tips. Never ran green teeth on this machine but used them on my smaller 25 hp machine. Never broke one on the small machine but they did tear up the drive system, clutch,bearing. I am not a fan of green teeth.

I doubt you hit anything really hard-the Greenteeth would have shattered before the bolts sheared off.

Did you overtighten the bolts? Did you buy the thing new or used? New, I'd go back to the dealer. I had a bad fuel pump on my Rayco and, after a nationwide search, the dealer found out it was a bad run of pumps from serial number xxxx to xxxxx. Sometimes the factory just gets a bad batch. If used, its possible somebody changed out the bolts?

I'm with Dadatwins on this one. I tried the Greenteeth, destroyed one of my grinders and switched back to the tried and true, virtually indestructible Raycos.

i had a 03 1625 w/green teeth on it and i would go through drive belts way to fast. at $300 a pop they outweighed the advantage i think they bit to hard for the machine

Latest posts

Back