Stump prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on where you are (ie local market). If you do a search through the old threads, you'll see prices as low as $20/stump.
In Washington I wouldn't drive to a job and unload the grinder for less than $125. Then again I don't depend on grinding. Probably grind once a week, if that.

In Washington I wouldn't drive to a job and unload the grinder for less than $125. Then again I don't depend on grinding. Probably grind once a week, if that.

I felt inspired by your many posts and tried that yesterday, I unloaded my stump grinder all of 25 times at various peoples houses and nobody paid me $125.
Then I got to one place, the homeowner came out wearing a dress not suitable to normal daytime use if you know what I mean.
I was asked "what are you here for sugar?"
I said, rather taken aback by the very revealing outfit "ah, the grinder"
"oh I didnt even think I had that app on but you will do" and at that I was dragged inside and although I normally consider myself a strong, well rounded man who has always been faithful to my dear wife, I had some unspeakable unholy things of a private sort done to me that will stay with me to the end of my days. But in the spirit of customer satisfaction and professionalism, I persevered.

Later, i found myself stumbling outside, clothes torn, without money, feeling that somehow the word grinder had to have been taken the wrong way for such a response as I got.

To be honest, if you get paid 125 bucks for that kind of depraved violation, Sir, I think your selling yourself short, and the client in the dress said he would have me back tomorrow, his name is Dave, can I interest you in a contract job?

I just had a stump guy do an 2 foot apple for 89 bucks! He called me when he got to the job, it took me 7 minutes to drive over there, he already had the machine back on the trailer!

Keep in mind that a 2 foot stump means a 4 foot hole.

Latest posts

Back