Stumper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumper

One Man Band
Reaction score
Dan, Hope you haven't been waiting too long for a reply-I've been elk hunting. There is a local guy who is involved in fire mitigation work but last I heard he was working in the northern part of the state. I actually had a fire mitigation job scheduled (bid it the day before the fire started). The Iron Mountain fire sent my potential job up in smoke.:( Canon city itself is not in the forest and with irrigation ditches everywhere, fire mitigation work is minimal. The copper gulch area had lots of need for mitigation-but it burned. There is some work around but the demand doesn't approach the need in the big city 'burbs.

Dan, I got 1 call after the fire. Guy seemed to be looking for someone to cut stuff for firewood and police the brush as 'payment' for the "free" wood."(The fire went around his property due to a wind shift)
" Uh, .... I would be happy to take salvage into account but I will have to charge for the work." We made an appointment but he called back and cancelled.
I have recieved several calls for "early snowfall breakage mitigation". Some of my customers are concerned that their underhydrated trees may break more readily if we have an Oct. snow.

Back