Stupid Human Tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to here
13044.jpg

Last year I was called to a guy's house to cut up a real nice straight Red Oak that had fallen over in a storm, root ball about 1/2 way out of ground tree almost all the way over on it's side, tree about 40-45 foot tall 18 inch diameter. No problem, I started cutting off limbs preparing to get to the trunk. I noticed the tree moving a little but duh, did not pay too much attention!, got tired after cutting about 2/3 way through the trunk & straddled the trunk to take a rest & wedge the cut so I would not pinch my saw. 1st hit on wedge with my sledge caused upper part to break off & I was on a ride!--Tree almost stood straight up threw me up & over my truck & I landed in some bayonet palms which are very painfull when you get stuck with one let alone about 20. Home owner was laughing so hard I thought he was going to stroke out on me, I started to laugh, better than crying also & I guess I loked like I had been shot with a shotgun, I was bleeding from many various holes in my side & back & I was actually lucky to land on the palm, either side was his driveway, next time I'm chopping all of the roots loose!

ropen em down is what you would need to do but we don't doo unnessasery stuff. That where the 130 i q comes in handy, can see more than most people,

you must be fairly intelligent you dont seem to get off the ground isnt that popa in the tree

I'm done, my fathers father was taught by the people that are teaching the teachers that are teaching half the guys on this site. Good old NEWFOUNDLAND My grand father is 85 and still runs his sawmill/bush cutting show.

Hey best GM, you are basically saying that you and daddy are part of North America's best tree men. Don't be so surprised that people are choking on that one. Your way with words is making it even harder for people to take you seriously. Why do you feel the need to come here and try and convince everyone that you guys are the best? Vague photos and cocking off don't mean jack. You are the only guy here who feels he has to pump his own tires. Not everything is a pi$$ing contest.

Hey master, thats what helps me be the best gm, i've run ropes every day for weeks and months some times, and it keeps my ass out of the tree or bouncing of the stem when the piece is a little big, and the fact thatr ive never had my hand caught in the rope or been inside it makes me proud of myself

Originally posted by The Best GM
Hey master, thats what helps me be the best gm, i've run ropes every day for weeks and months some times, and it keeps my ass out of the tree or bouncing of the stem when the piece is a little big, and the fact thatr ive never had my hand caught in the rope or been inside it makes me proud of myself

your actually serious about this,it makes it even better,keep on bouncing:laugh: :laugh:

Feed back , if your serious i'd have to read it all' but i saw a few parts and i liked it. The part about being a guide for backing is huge, that is soo important, i'm usaully out of the truck before its stopped to guide some one back, and i even do it off the job with out thinking. ITS a great list.

Always keep the climber's rope in the corner of your eye, is a GREAT GREAT IMPORTANT POINT. AND IS ALMOST KEY. Good list. The truth is ive been running a saw on the job since i was seven, i ran a 064 stihl from the time i was 11. I've been responsable for teaching crew members and guiding EVERY BODY that near or on the job since i was 14.

Originally posted by TreeCo
Bill,

I heard a story about a man who did much the same thing and a couple of kids were under the root plate and died.

Dan

That is not funny!

But what kinda was, was recently when I was dumping the second half of a load of chips for a gentleman across the street from where the first part went. He was standing behind the truck watching. What i didnt know was how close he was. Well, when the load came out rather all at once, he was knocked over and partlycovered with chips... Thankfully he wasn't hurt or upset!

Having never been in a fight or much of any confrontation in my life, I really look down on low class nonsense like this PM I just received.. Any guess as to the sender?

<<<K.O
I'll bust yopurt ????ing skull goof, I break ????ing heavy bags thjinking about ????s like you. Two things ine done in my life TREES AND BOXING i ll smoke you at both GOOF>>>

real classy pm you go there rbtree.

I did have aspirations to travel/backpack round canada now i'm not so sure, is everyone there so friendly? :)

Latest posts

Back