Sub-contractors?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sub's

I am a subcontractor for a company in town. I carry my own insurance/liscence/bonding. The only grey area is if soemthing gets broken. Depending on where more of the liability lies is about the only way to decide who pays! Overall it works out for the both of us because he doesn't have to pay Workmans Comp on me so he can pay more than what he normally would. Also on a Day-rate which also has its moments. The only problem I have ever seen with subs are whether or not their bite is as big as their bark. Overall I would say that it is a good plan! More money for the employee and less for the insurance company, can you go wrong?

as for the equipment............

it depends on the job i use them for.if i don't have it,yes,i require it.same with insurance.if it's something mine doesn't cover,i require it.

1099 depending on job and if they want it.i set the schedule because i am ALWAYS on the job.

I sub myself out for some bigger removals or large pruning jobs. The deal is $400 a day cash, get in my way and slow me down then it's $500 a day. You walk away from the lowering device on my clock it will cost you extra $100 and a repair bill for the damage caused by you not being on the rope. If you take in say $10,000 for the day then it's $800 for me for the day. I don't accept 1099 forms. I bring with me personal climbing gear and maybe a climbing saw. There are no grey areas, black and white.

I sub myself out for some bigger removals or large pruning jobs. The deal is $400 a day cash, get in my way and slow me down then it's $500 a day. You walk away from the lowering device on my clock it will cost you extra $100 and a repair bill for the damage caused by you not being on the rope. If you take in say $10,000 for the day then it's $800 for me for the day. I don't accept 1099 forms. I bring with me personal climbing gear and maybe a climbing saw. There are no grey areas, black and white.

Eh no thanks I don't want a speed demon around the high end stuff
I am doing. I would definately slow you down and pay is 250 per day in
this area for a veteran. Curious ya say your clock how is that?

Last edited:
Eh no thanks I don't want a speed demon around the high end stuff
I am doing. I would definately slow you down and pay is 250 per day in
this area for a veteran. Curious ya say your clock how is that?

yeah, you have to be like that Ropes, you just hafta. I would be happy to take my time and the 250 with ya, I know nobody is going to get in anybody's way if you can stand the break clicking all the time.
I like to rev the throttle too. Today I had just strapped a log for the crane pick and was ready to cut when I looked down and saw a cilvilian bothering the crane guy. I fired the 44 a revved high until they looked up to see me looking right at them while my beetch was screaming. I made sure the message was recieved. Time to cut not yap. For a second that cilvilain looked annnoyed with all the noise I was making. The Dan ain't gonna wanna wait to long for some BS to be handled.
I'll get this crane job posted, maybe even the video, and you will see The Dan making sure he don't go to fast on the high end stuff.

Last edited:
Back