Suggest small flowering tree for landscaping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitenack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an East-facing house that needs some landscaping updates. Half of the house is in full sun, the other half is in partial shade. There are two places where I would like to put small, ornamental flowering trees. Something that has a vertical element to it to break up the horizantal features of the bushes and things we are also planning to put in.

Can you guys offer suggestions?

One place will be in the partial shaded area. It has a smaller area to grow. I'd say it has about a 3 foot by 3 foot area. Maybe even smaller. So, maybe I'm not looking for a tree as much as a topiary? Maybe something easy to maintain?

The second place will be on the corner of the house in full sun. It can be a little bigger, since I have room to come off from the house a bit to give it more room. I was thinking something like a sweetbay magnolia or yoshino cherry, as long as they didn't get too big.

ETA: I live in Zone 7 (hot, humid summers approaching upper 90's, cool winters occaisionally dipping to 0)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back