Sugihara Bars...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not so sure about that.

Sorry, couldn't resist.:hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

:(

Oh and don't get me wrong guys, as mentioned these bars are some of the best quality bars I've seen, right up there with Tsumuras.
I've never had much luck with those split ring type bar adaptors. I've got some aluminium ones that came with my GB mill that work a treat.

They're good looking and seem to be well made but no weight savings. The 16" Sugi I have is 1 oz lighter than the 18" Husky bar that came on my 346XP.

:(

Oh and don't get me wrong guys, as mentioned these bars are some of the best quality bars I've seen, right up there with Tsumuras.
I've never had much luck with those split ring type bar adaptors. I've got some aluminium ones that came with my GB mill that work a treat.

Meant as a joke. I was being skeptical of you being the biggest skeptic you know. :)

Mr. HE:cool:

Weighed Some Bars

I weighed four of the 24" bars that I have in grams (easier to calculate % differences). The scale isn't world class but it has served me well in the past:

24" Sugihara (new): 1320g
24" Husky-Oregon (slight use) 1490g
24" Carlton Stainless (used) 1560g
24" (Stihl 25") ES (new) 1640g

The Sugihara bar is significantly (more than 10%) lighter than all the other bars. And yes, the 25" Stihl bar is the same length as the others. And no, I am not affiliated with them at all, I just think they're purdy.

sugi.jpg

sugih.jpg

sugic.jpg

sugis.jpg

I weighed four of the 24" bars that I have in grams (easier to calculate % differences). The scale isn't world class but it has served me well in the past:

24" Sugihara (new): 1320g
24" Husky-Oregon (slight use) 1490g
24" Carlton Stainless (used) 1560g
24" (Stihl 25") ES (new) 1640g

The Sugihara bar is significantly (more than 10%) lighter than all the other bars. And yes, the 25" Stihl bar is the same length as the others. And no, I am not affiliated with them at all, I just think they're purdy.

sugi.jpg

sugih.jpg

sugic.jpg

sugis.jpg

I think the weight savings may be more significant on the shorter bars.
Thanks for the images too, good work.
My 32" bar seems to have a similar amounts of inserts as the shorter bars which may explain why the weight savings aren't as significant for me and the Sugi's are certainly pretty :)

The large-mount Sugihara bars work great on a Stihl, I use an 18" on a MS361. I don't really like the idea of using those silly spacers on a Husky or Dolmar though. The stock Husky bars work fine for me up to the 28", which is as large as I've ever really needed (there are very few huge trees in my cutting zone).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back