Super Pro 60 ignition conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_scott

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys got a bit of a question I have bought a Mac Sp60 and looking to convert it from breaker point ignition system to an electronic ignition system This saw will be temporarily replacing the Stihl 036 I had stolen from me a while back. if anyone knows (hopefully ozflea may have some insight) what module will do the job and part number that would be great Timing on this saw is 26 degrees before TDC and is there anything else that may have to be changed or can I use the flywheel that is already on the saw

Cheers

Ross

mac pro 60

There is a modual being sold on ebay and other places that coverts saw to eletronic. on some modles you had an early version with points and a later with EI so you can covert that way. personaly i think its a waste as mac points and condencers etc are dime a dozen.:jawdrop:

ozflea said:
Well Ross Scott here's my conversion and it works as i upgrade many a mac this way.
This conversion replaces coil points and condensor.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/ozflea/phelon.html

Mc Bob.

cheers for that bob will let you know how it goes eventually I do want to try and make some other modifications to the saw so I can race it in the 60cc class at the agricultural feilddays hotsaw competition once a year as that is the only saw racing comp i know of in new zealand and is something I really want to get into doing.

Cheers

Ross

Back