Super splitter special edition model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RYAN5000

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was looking in to getting one of theses splitters but wanted to find out if any one here might know about the special edition model. Is there that much of a differences between the special and the heavy duty model.
You just don't see that many of them out here in California and the one guy that I found that had one it was a j model. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER

From the specs on the website the only difference you can see is the motor but there's probably more given the prices. Give them a call. It's a pretty small operation and the owner, Paul, usually answers the phone or if not gets back to you quickly. I have the HD and did about 35 cords with it this past year and have no complaints. Mine splits anything and it is too fast for me to keep up with as I work alone so I really don't see a reason to get the SE unless you really like Honda Motors. If you get one just make sure you get the production table and if you're tall you get the off road tires.

I was looking in to getting one of theses splitters but wanted to find out if any one here might know about the special edition model. Is there that much of a differences between the special and the heavy duty model.
You just don't see that many of them out here in California and the one guy that I found that had one it was a j model. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER

The difference is the flywheels on the SE are heavier,SE has a bigger engine and the ram gear is wider. I have used the HD for years doing sometimes 8 cords per day and never had a problem. I'd say save your money and get the HD. just my .02

I've got the Special Edition. It has 100 lb flywheels vs. 75 lb (I think), bigger rack, & bigger motor. The motor has a 2:1 gear reduction, flywheel are supposed to spin about 280 rpm.

Last edited:
thank you for responses this clears up some things does. The 2:1 gear reduction really make split knots with out having to stop and restart the ram over .
Paul was not really clear on this he said it would help to split knots better but when I pressed him a little on he seemed not so sure . I have a lot of knotty wood so I want to make sure before I buy this splitter it would beable to do it

I have often wondered why a "Super - Size" super-split wasn't offered for just that sort of really big ugly stuff...

If there was a super-split that could push semi-ugly wood through a 4-way, it would be pretty darn cool..it would be the machine to own in fact.

I have often wondered why a "Super - Size" super-split wasn't offered for just that sort of really big ugly stuff...

If there was a super-split that could push semi-ugly wood through a 4-way, it would be pretty darn cool..it would be the machine to own in fact.

i have seen a super splitter with a slip on 4 way wedge

not sure how it would handle anything of significant size

Back