swift split?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHLSamantha

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i saw the craziest looking thing today on the television....a swift split by mantis....an electric log splitter that splits wood up to 12 inches in diameter and averages about 5-7 seconds per log to split in half...it looks like a moving dolly with an upright handle and two wheels..the machine itself isn't so silly as were the people they showed on the commericial using it....women, old people....saying that anyone can use it....i don't know how i feel about it....it's kind of cool that they have something small and portable like that for people who can't hand split or don't have a bigger log splitter....but it seems to me like a waste of money...what do you think?

I think the two of you would kill it in an almost immeasurably short time frame...:rock:

But it does fill a void in the market. And is probably especially good for folks w/ limited mobility, etc...

Chaser

...or people who like to split in their living room w/o all those nasty fumes.:yoyo:

i had to laugh when i saw it....it just cracked me up that they showed only old people and women using it...no lumberjacks like us..haha:popcorn:

STIHLSamantha said:
i had to laugh when i saw it....it just cracked me up that they showed only old people and women using it...no lumberjacks like us..haha:popcorn:

I thought you were a 'lumberJill'. :jester:

Junk

STIHLSamantha said:
i saw the craziest looking thing today on the television....a swift split by mantis....an electric log splitter that splits wood up to 12 inches in diameter and averages about 5-7 seconds per log to split in half...it looks like a moving dolly with an upright handle and two wheels..the machine itself isn't so silly as were the people they showed on the commericial using it....women, old people....saying that anyone can use it....i don't know how i feel about it....it's kind of cool that they have something small and portable like that for people who can't hand split or don't have a bigger log splitter....but it seems to me like a waste of money...what do you think?

Don't even be looking at that commercial woman. I don't think I told you that you could turn on the tv... :D

ciscoguy01 said:
Don't even be looking at that commercial woman. I don't think I told you that you could turn on the tv... :D

Cisco aint it a little cold to be sleeping in the dog house? :hmm3grin2orange:

I've learned through the years it is not wise to piss of a woman capable of weilding a spliting maul or axe. Don't ask how I know :monkey:

SmokinDodge said:
Cisco aint it a little cold to be sleeping in the dog house? :hmm3grin2orange:

I've learned through the years it is not wise to piss of a woman capable of weilding a spliting maul or axe. Don't ask how I know :monkey:

LOL, I can't get mine to run a saw or a maul...I think it is best left that way.. she makes agood wood stacker though...

Haven't used a splitter much, but that thing looks like a joke. Ever see the little hydraulic splitters that use a bottle jack? Thos things are a joke. The girlfriends dad use to have one in the basement by the stove becuase he had short ceilings -couldn't swing an axe or a maul.... took about 50 pumps to spilt a good sized 12" round. HAHAHAHA.

He thought it was nicer than swinging a mual out in the cold....

Freakingstang said:
LOL, I can't get mine to run a saw or a maul...I think it is best left that way.. she makes agood wood stacker though...

Some days I wish I could say that. She's a great woman, and will run my 036 in a heart beat, but when she starts showing me up deer hunting I get the red butt. :angry2:

Freakingstang said:

Haven't used a splitter much, but that thing looks like a joke. Ever see the little hydraulic splitters that use a bottle jack? Thos things are a joke. The girlfriends dad use to have one in the basement by the stove becuase he had short ceilings -couldn't swing an axe or a maul.... took about 50 pumps to spilt a good sized 12" round. HAHAHAHA.

He thought it was nicer than swinging a mual out in the cold....

Yeah, I have seen the ads for those and variations all using a jack. I can picture a whole bunch of them that were recieved as Chrismas presents and promptly thrown in a corner and forgotten after the first try.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back