Swisher 28 ton 10.5 briggs splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowtempguru

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello again, Im looking for feed back and opinions on swisher log splitters, specifically their 28 ton model, 10.5 intek briggs & stratton motor with a 16 gpm 2 stage pump. I have a chance to pick one up new for 1200.00. I had my mind set on a TSC speeco huskee 22ton. Now I am wondering if this Swisher is worth the 200 extra dollars? Both can split vert or horiz. The cylinder on the Swisher is 4.5 inches can anyone give a stab at cyle time? The local Rural King guessed at 14 seconds which is comparable to the Speeco 22 ton with the 4 inch cylinder and 5.5hp briggs & stratton.. thanks for all your input in advance

You need the stroke and rod diameter to give an exact speed, but 16 gpm 4.5 bore and a stroke of 24" and a rod of 2" it will have a 11.2 second cycle time. Hope this helps.

Speeco?

Talk to the manager at your local TSC store. They are able to order Speeco splitters with different options from the Huskee line. It will increase your options on logsplitters. I continue to like splitters with the Honda GX series motor.

If I'm not mistaken, the Briggs Intek motor is what has replaced the old IC motors and is a much better motor than the in stock TSC Speeco's with the homeowner grade Briggs. Myself, I would go with the Honda GX on any splitter.

I have that 28Ton model but it has a Honda on it. It runs like a dream, but I'm sure the briggs would be just fine.

I had a 26 ton model with a 8.5 i/c briggs and it worked super. I used it four years and split between 50 to 60 cords a year and never had to work on it. I really liked the pump disengagement option, it made it easier to start on those cold days.

Back