Swisher customer service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourMoCajuns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is to let you guys know what kind of company Swisher located in Missouri is........
The following is an e-mail I sent them and then their response.

I purchased the above unit on 9/21/05. I used it a couple of times
and then put it away for over a year. We then moved and I started burning
wood again and used the splitter again. When using it the other day I heard
a large bang and saw the wedge is bent in the shape of an "S" and one weld
is cracked. How is it possible for the motor and pump to over power the
wedge assembly? I know that my 2 yr warranty is up but am wondering if a
replacement would do the same? If this is a re-accuring problem then I will
try to repair it myself as I have seen the price of the replacement parts and
would not like to bite that bullet. All in all I really like the product and
love the fact that it was made right here in Mo but I need some answers.

Hi Chris,

It is not standard procedure for us to do so but we will provide a
replacement wedge which should correct the issue. If we can be of any
further assistance to you please let us know. You can also reach our
Customer Support Center at 800-222-8183, 8-5 CST, Monday through Friday.

Way to stand up Swisher...... this won't be my last product of there's.

Chris:clap:

It is nice to hear that Swisher is very responsive. When I was looking to buy a splitter I tried to find a local dealer for Swisher. The local Tractor Supply carries some Swisher products - but not the splitters. I found several ATV/Quad dealers listed on the Swisher website that were no longer in business, I found one mower shop listed that had an answering machine and did not pick up the telephone to talk to you, and I found one tractor dealer that did not have any in stock but would get me a price - but never called me back to tell me what they could get. With no dealers having any inventory to see and such a lack of dealer support I felt that Swisher was not the product for me. I bought an Iron & Oak instead.

I would check and see if their is an adjustment for the max pressure (checkvalves) they are usually at the pump and or the handle I don't know if you have one or not but maybe you could turn it down a little.

This is to let you guys know what kind of company Swisher located in Missouri is........
The following is an e-mail I sent them and then their response.

I purchased the above unit on 9/21/05. I used it a couple of times
and then put it away for over a year. We then moved and I started burning
wood again and used the splitter again. When using it the other day I heard
a large bang and saw the wedge is bent in the shape of an "S" and one weld
is cracked. How is it possible for the motor and pump to over power the
wedge assembly? I know that my 2 yr warranty is up but am wondering if a
replacement would do the same? If this is a re-accuring problem then I will
try to repair it myself as I have seen the price of the replacement parts and
would not like to bite that bullet. All in all I really like the product and
love the fact that it was made right here in Mo but I need some answers.

Hi Chris,

It is not standard procedure for us to do so but we will provide a
replacement wedge which should correct the issue. If we can be of any
further assistance to you please let us know. You can also reach our
Customer Support Center at 800-222-8183, 8-5 CST, Monday through Friday.

Way to stand up Swisher...... this won't be my last product of there's.

Chris:clap:
I was splitting a 'y' in an elm log, (big one) and bent the bracket that the wedge is welded on. I called them and they sent me a new wedge. No questions asked. Its a heavier built wedge. Thicker bracket.

Its so easy (and common) for people to complain about a company/product, its great that you took the time to give credit where credit was due ! Kudos to Swisher for stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing, even though they were not obligated to do so since the warranty period was over. I hope this influences others to purchase from Swisher instead of one of their competitors. The world needs more "Swishers" ! :rockn:

I think this is a good example of how a complaint written in a good way can get results. You didn't merely state your problems, you stated what you liked about the splitter. This tends to put the company on the same side as you rather than against you. Had you been nasty and demanding, you would likely not have gotten a response at all.

For an example, think of Jomoco writing a letter with the same problem and imagine what the response would have been. :)

Well I got the part in the mail today and I can say it is very sturdy! It listed for $124 + S&H and they ate every bit of it! I can honestly say I will be looking into more of their product line.

Chris

Thanks

Also I would like to publicly thank Ole Farmerbuck for telling me about their outstanding customer service.

This is great example of a good American company standing behind their product and stepping up for their customer. I don't know if Swisher stuff is sold around here or not but sounds like a company I'd like to do business with.......................

Ive got a Swisher Ride King, circa ~ 1965 or so.

5hp Vertical briggs, solid front and rear tires, 0* turn radius. Cant wait to restore it, wish they still had parts.:censored:

Ive talked to Swisher reps about some stuff on a couple occasions and they were always helpful and prompt. Id say Swisher is one of the few remaining AMERICAN companies that hasnt sold their souls yet.

When I bought my swisher splitter it was missing some parts. I called them, and they mailed me the parts in like 2 days, even sent some extra parts! :cheers:

We just sold a used Swisher tow behind mower. It mowed 3 acres a week for 3 years without issue. If there weren't so many TC stores around we'd sell their products.

In the midwest IA/IL/WI and probably MN the Menards chain of stores sell Swisher. The are a large chain of stores here. The 34 ton splitter is $2199.

Bill

When we bought our swisher splitter 2 years ago the guy at orchlens said than not one had come back. Not even for a belt.

No offense intended but Orshlen and TSC are not good dealers in most areas. Yes Orschlen is fanily owned but they are not a good servicing dealer. They are just a lower volume box store that has bought out other family owned farm stores, As for TSC they are a large chain. I do not think there will be any arguement on that. I am not nocking the Swisher line just pointing out issues.

Bill

Latest posts

Back