T435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihltech

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
To all the Husqvarna techs on here.
I seem to have gained a tree service with quite a few T435 Husqvarna saws. The complaint is they will not idle long if set down. They are not complaining about power in the cut.
Hope to get into diagnosis next week. Anything pretty common on this model?
They tried a compression test using a tester with a long hose and got 95 psi. By the handle test it holds. Spins over nicely.
Their maintenance person says Husqvarna told them they all need top ends (15 of them). I don't buy it.
I will know when I pull the muffler.

To all the Husqvarna techs on here.
I seem to have gained a tree service with quite a few T435 Husqvarna saws. The complaint is they will not idle long if set down. They are not complaining about power in the cut.
Hope to get into diagnosis next week. Anything pretty common on this model?
They tried a compression test using a tester with a long hose and got 95 psi. By the handle test it holds. Spins over nicely.
Their maintenance person says Husqvarna told them they all need top ends (15 of them). I don't buy it.
I will know when I pull the muffler.
Seems that intake boot problems are one of the most common issues with that saw. Sometimes the boot is pulled in some away from the carb face, or torn at the flange. One mechanic said it wasn't really a Husky design flaw so much as it was user-caused a lot of the time, guys yanking on the saw when it gets pinched. Not uncommon in tree service work. One good yank and they can tear the boot. Be interesting to see what you find.

They got few design issue

Apparently the strato design and carb model doesn't go well together, seems like during idle it spits fuel out and gets recycled back in making it slowly rich out and die when idle is set long enough.

Using non resistor wrong plug makes it worse, not removing spark screen makes it worse

I really don’t know what it is with husky and top handle saws, they cannot make one that works imo. And they have tried many times!! Other models are generally ok minus the 235, 240 saws
335xpt, 338xpt, 334, t435, plus some other models (Europe) and what version are they on with t540? 3?
Maybe the TML (frontier) made 35 was better-lol
I cringe when a Husqvarna top handle comes in the 🚪

First a correction. T540 XP 2 is the model. That's what I get for not taking a pic before I go home.
Carburetor leaking at needle. Vacuum and pressure test OK.
Some wear on piston skirt. Machine marks on top half. New carb and piston called for BUT, price wise over half the price of a new unit when done. And no, there will be no aftermarket here.
Waiting to hear what they want to do. It is a 2017 saw.

I am pretty flexible at work. This being a new commercial account, I will work with them.
So today I tried the new inlet needle. No leak at the needle. BUT, the pump side gasket leaks like a sieve. Gasket looks good too.
It may be a few days before I get back to it. It looks like a K2 AT kit.
Seems odd the way it is leaking. Any experience with a possible pump cover warpage?

I have ran into some carbs with warping and the more common to me, rough casting edges or burrs that don't allow a flat surface for proper sealing.

I keep a small pocket knife stone in the toolbox to chamfer the edges down on all the body pieces. Usually does the trick.

Today's update: tried new gasket and diaphragm on pump side. Better, but still a leak.
Went back to old days, work grease into the gasket (not diaphragm). Not slobbering it on, working it in to help seal (old racer and mechanic tip).
No more leak. Will it hold? Time will tell. Will get some gas through it to see if it stays.
To those laughing a ready with the tomatoes, this has worked many times on the 041/051/075 intake gaskets.

Latest posts

Back