t444e vs dt466

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawmart

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does any have any knowdage about these two motors , reliabilty etc. mileage that before they become a problem. looking to buy a used internation for a chip truck these are the two engine that seames two be in the truck.

Thanks
play safe

the 466 has it all over the tripple 4E powerwise.
other than that, pretty reliable (both of them)
Prob didn't help ya much :(
-Ralph

I have a fleet of school buses that have 466dte in them. Would not run anything else. Very dependable and powerful.
The 466 is a sleeved motor which can be overhauled completely in the vehicle. The 444 is not sleeved. It would require boring or a new block if needed.

I look at the cat 3126 a few people said that it was to smalll of a motor and if iwas towing #7000, and #7500 of pay load too much, man I really liked the GMC 7500 cab-over ,wich is what I first wanted but they also talked about serviceability for the machinics, then i was thinking i rember when i was on a crew we had so much s**t uin the cab , sun flower seeds, coffie cups, wrappers from allthe fast food joints , and to check the oil ,tilt the cab not a good site, plus all the gear that woiuld be thrown in there in stead of the box.

lawmart

playsafe

DT466. No question. Rugged, excellent parts availability, hold resale value well... difficult to kill 'em. :)

We don't do a lot of IH's here but when the rare one comes in, we're relieved to see the DT466's.

I've got 2 powerstrokes which is what the 444's pretty much are, and one dt466e. in a md truck like the international, I'd defenitely stick with the 466. My 4700 has 240k miles on it and has never missed a beat.

Back