Tachometer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hardline is a confusing tach, it gives three max rpm: 8k, 16k, 20k.

However the resolution is 0.5s/1.0s which is decent for a device with a screen in that price range.

Does not provide a sample rate; based on the above 3 numbers I would guess its possibly 16khz and the 20khz is obtained on a 1/4 wave harmonic/over sampling. The 8k is probably for 2 cyl use and makes sense with the 16k sample rate.

Wow I never knew it was that complicated, I have just been using it and it has worked great.

Just wrap the wire couple of times around the spark plug wire and it works when the saw is running - maybe I should read the manual so I can complicate it eh?

:p

I bought one of these Hardline "USA assembled" tachometers last year from amazon vendor for under $30 and it has worked well!

View attachment 877174
Yep. That is the one. You do not need to use the wire, either. It works as well as my Fast Tach, for less than half the money. I am keeping my FT and sending this to my kid. He is more apt to use the other features that this unit has. Great deal for $30.

Latest posts

Back