Need a new tach

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many volts should the battery read?

I'm reading .998vdc. That seems awful low. It's soldered in so I would have to pop the solder and find a replacement.

There was no water present inside. It was dry. No corrosion anywhere. When I dis reinstall the screen it would try and display something then it would go away. Maybe it just needs a new battery?

I'm reading .998vdc. That seems awful low. It's soldered in so I would have to pop the solder and find a replacement.

There was no water present inside. It was dry. No corrosion anywhere. When I dis reinstall the screen it would try and display something then it would go away. Maybe it just needs a new battery?
Let it dry anyway, there could be a trace pf moisture hidden.

Another question, this RPM rating is out of wood right? Full throttle not in wood I mean, vs in wood?

You set RPMS out of the wood. It is the max RPM the saw should run no matter what.

Technically, you could set the max rpms while cutting wood as the saw will always drop in RPMS while cutting. The extra rpms will help the saw cut through wood. But you need to be careful as if you run the saw full throttle with no load on it, you would be above the max recommended RPMS.

I accidentally washed my oppa pulse tach in my jeans and now I need to replace it. What is a good go-to wireless tach that won't break the bank?
Steve R is correct. Remove the battery. Remove as much of the case as possible. Let it dry out for several days, maybe weeks. They operate on very low voltage. Although it is true that water and electricity don't mix, being very low voltage, there may have been no damage. What the heck, it's worth a try. jmho :cool: OT

You could also rinse it down well with isopropyl alcohol.

I accidentally got one wet and there was a little mineral buildup on the board, seemed tiny. Toothbrush and IPA and it works again.

I'm not sure about the battery voltage.

The Oppama is so much better than any others... fast refresh too.

Odd that it is soldered in. Voltage should be on the battery. Very small numbers. Are you sure your volt meter is set correctly? Pics would help. jmho :cool: OT

Odd that it is soldered in. Voltage should be on the battery. Very small numbers. Are you sure your volt meter is set correctly? Pics would help. jmho :cool: OT

I'll try and take a picture today. There were no markings on the battery but I am guessing they are on the bottom side. Most small coin batteries are 2 or 3 volts. The volt meter autoscales so it should be accurate.

Latest posts

Back