Taco pump on 6048?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rackmup

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have the 009 pump, which has the flange bolts perpendicular to the furnace instead of parallel. For you guys that have installed these, do you have to cut the insulation to make room for the pump?

I remember having to remove a little insulation when installing my pump on my 6048. Pretty sure I've got the same pump as you as well.

I have 2 Taco 009's on mine. Insulation was trimmed back for sure. Do yourself a favour and keep an extra cartridge on hand just in case.

Flanges

Mine is mounted with the insulation cut away (009). Those flange assemblies will turn anyway you want so if you want to cant the pump out to avoid cutting the insulation you can do so and still fit the 009 in and be able to close the side panel.

I just installed a 0010 on my CL40. That is about the same thing as a 6048. I used black iron pipe to bring the pump down from the boiler. I need to buy another pump for the shelf just in case.

Scott

IF you all switched over to grundfos pumps you woundnt have to worry so much about spare parts, I used to run Taco pumps and switched to grundfos and havent replaced anything yet way more reliable, I get mine out of the Grainger book. Just my 2 cents

Hey woodman, do you know what the comparable Grundfos pump would be to the Taco 009? Just wondering I don't have a replacement for mine and if this is the case I'll get a better one. Thanks!

Dont have my Grainger book right here but I could find out within a day or two and I have checked with many others on this and they all agree that it is a far better pump. I will try to get it and post it here do you know the gpm for your Taco?

Latest posts

Back