Tajfun logging winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmith

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Been getting used to my Tajfun logging winch that I purchased this summer. The more I use it, the more I am glad that I got it. I could have gotten along without it, but now I can reach blow downs and standing dead stuff that I couldn't in the past. It also makes it safer to winch logs to a level spot or off of a pile rather than trying to back up to them and drag them. I've also winched down some standing dead stuff that had fallen and was propped by another tree. The video is kinda long and boring but gives you an idea of the fun I am having with it. Definitely glad I broke down and got it.

Here is the butt of a red oak that fell a couple of years ago. I was able to get about 150' from it and winch it the rest of the way. I've been eyballing it since it fell.

Here's the video.

Here's a shot with some logs. I like having a tool holder on the back for my cant hook.

Tool storage compartment on each side to put chains, straps, etc. in.

Saw scabbard

Here's the tool holder with my rarely used splitting maul.

Storage compartment and choker hanger.

Nice pics !
I find that using the cable to winch one log will kink and chew up the the line under the log so I'll use a chain choker even for one log .

Yeah, Sawyer Rob and I were discussing this. I'm not too worried about it right now. I only have one choker and it is a little short for a lot of the logs I have been snagging. I need to acquire a couple more longer ones then I will gravitate to not using the winch rope at all as a choker.

I see choker chain hooks at my local Husqvarna/Stihl dealer, priced better than Laboneville once you include the freight they add...so look around, they are available and well worth having...

SR

Latest posts

Back