Take your dog(puppy) to work day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennG

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am currently removing an old dead White Oak that is huge. The wood is so massive that we are splitting on site because we cannot move the rounds. Residential property with no access for a crane. Trees like this only come by every couple of years for me. 80+ DBH. I spent the day loading firewood. Since I was not sawing I brought 16 week old "Fred" along. We had fun.

fred033-1.jpg

My fuzzy alligator...dang if she isn't the mouthiest golden pup that we have EVER had. Nothing seems to stop her either except the crate. Luckily she will outgrow it.

attachment.php

My lab comes along to all our jobs, she has a strong fan club amongst my clients, some of whom have had me to do jobs that really didnt need doing but they wanted there kids or dogs to have a work out. I kid you not.

She does drag branches to the chipper so is sometimes worth having.

I am currently removing an old dead White Oak that is huge. The wood is so massive that we are splitting on site because we cannot move the rounds. Residential property with no access for a crane. Trees like this only come by every couple of years for me. 80+ DBH. I spent the day loading firewood. Since I was not sawing I brought 16 week old "Fred" along. We had fun.

fred033-1.jpg

Holy Moly that is one big oak! That looks like 3 or 4 of them grew together?

I've got one I just found near my house. I am not sure what it is but my guess is it is a red oak as we have alot of them here. Although it certainly is shorter, stumpier and more branched than any other red oak I have seen. This thing is literally about the best looking tree I have ever seen (size, shape, age, proportion). Sorry to go off topic, but that really is an impressive tree.

My wife is home during the day, so the dogs enjoy being around the house.

But we take them camping with us - the Papillion, the Rottweiller and the long hair Chihuahua.

Your dog looks like the one that roams around the local nursery in Central Point, Oregon.

here is a picture of my dog. He is 9, the pic was taken last year. Loves to chew and steal my firewood. He goes with me delivering firewood and doing estimates too. He is an argentinian dogo. He was a stray 9 years ago though. Great dog.....

my hound. Rowdy. Hes alot bigger now. Kinda hard to take him to the job if its residential. Not very friendly if he cant see me.

I call Rupert the mascot. Has never hurt selling a job. If Rupert has played with the HO's dog, I've always gotten the job. Good stress reliever, too.

KO comes with me on selling jobs. They never forget me, and usually talk more about him than the job....lol

Latest posts

Back