Taking care of e tech

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookerdog

The New Champ
Reaction score
I just received a 353 e tech saw from a friend. Is there someone local that I can send the saw to that can remove the e tech junk. I live in washington so someone in washington or oregon.

Ill Second that!! Dean (Klickitatsacket) at Northwest E-sales. He is in the next town over from Toledo. Great guy and NOONE can beat his Customer service!! Give him a call....360-785-0533!!!

If you want more power he can help you with that too!

Jim

Hi

Out of interest what wrong with the E-Tech engine? I've got E-Tech on Husky Hedgecutter and Brushcutter there fine. Is it just a power thing or are they problem some?

The worst thing with e-tech (or any catalytic converters, not just Husqvarna) is that heat might start fires. And it will burn your skin faster. I haven't seen that happen, and we use saws mostly in winter (and snow).
(the same applies to cars with catalytic converters, they shouldn't be parked in a pile of dry leaves when they are hot :) )

E-tech is less dangerous for your health, I wouldn't remove it, but then again, I don't own a saw with e-tech ;)

Over here most saws sold don't have converters, but people are recommended to use special gas instead. At my gas station that fuel is twice the price of normal gas. It has been discussed in other threads (Aspen, etc)

I don't know which is best for health or environment, e-tech or special gas, perhaps a combination.

Last edited:
A catalytic converter on chainsaws,good grief Gertie,what next. :rolleyes: I have a whole mouthful to say regarding small engines and air pollution,but it would fall on deaf ears,concerning the so called clean air act.Good heavens,I would bet that all the chainsaws,in the county I live,would not put out the pollutants,in one year,as one automobile.On that note,I think last year was the last production of flat head engines for Briggs and Stratton,because of EPA mandates.They are now overhead valve engines,if I am correct.

A catalytic converter on chainsaws,good grief Gertie,what next?
Well Al, how about a catalic converter on a Zambonie? This engine runs on Propane.What about all the fork lifts that use propane? Will the EPA now require them to use Catalic converters? Common sence will have to be taught in special schools. I have nothing against education and a cleaner enviroment, however,putting this apparatus on a saw is down right stupid, Ken

Al Smith said:
I have a whole mouthful to say regarding small engines and air pollution,but it would fall on deaf ears,concerning the so called clean air act.Good heavens,I would bet that all the chainsaws,in the county I live,would not put out the pollutants,in one year,as one automobile.

Al, be careful not to make any sweeping generalizations about that or ole spacemule will jump all over you and accuse you of having a cynical opinion w/o any proof. :p

This e-tech stuff does seem to blow. I compared a 575xp to a 385xp. 575 seemed heavier,bulkier,larger and definitely got blown away in the wood.

Newfie said:
Al, be careful not to make any sweeping generalizations about that or ole spacemule will jump all over you and accuse you of having a cynical opinion w/o any proof. :p

This e-tech stuff does seem to blow. I compared a 575xp to a 385xp. 575 seemed heavier,bulkier,larger and definitely got blown away in the wood.

the 575 is the replacement for the 372 it's a whole hp less than the 385. as far as weight i'll keep my mouth shut but the husky site lists it as less than the 385.

kf_tree said:
the 575 is the replacement for the 372 it's a whole hp less than the 385. as far as weight i'll keep my mouth shut but the husky site lists it as less than the 385.

I know they aren't comparable saws, I guess I should have said that originally. What made me even compare the two was the fact that looking at the 575 on the wall w/ all the other Husky saws, it really stood out as a giant box(sort of like a stihl :p ;) ). This made me compare it's size and feel to the 385. (w/ unscientific methods that might not stand up to the scrutiny of others around here)My point being, I think if I was going to replace my 372 at some point it wouldn't be with the 575.

Kenskip1 said:
Common sence will have to be taught in special schools. I have nothing against education and a cleaner enviroment, however,putting this apparatus on a saw is down right stupid, Ken

Common sence seems to be uncommon in this day and time, dosen't it? :blob2:

Back